Ballast in 2000 Tige 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrcote1 View Post
    Wow thats a sweet wave Nickypoo, I would be extremely happy with that. The dividers are actually already partially blown out in my boat. How did you reinforce them?
    And there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on the wakeshapers. Is the wakeshaper used in those pictures the nauticurl and it was attached to a 2000 Tige 21V?
    My buddy did most of the reinforcements. It’s his boat. He added a bunch of angle aluminum, front, bottom and rear and I built a new engine cover and had it sprayed in bed liner.

The sucgate he runs is one he built. It’s very similar to the Nauticurl but bigger. We’ve run one of my old DIY sucgates (more like jetdrivers) and I couldn’t tell the difference. He likes his so that’s what he runs. Over the last few year, I’ve come to call that wake infallible. No matter what we do to that thing, it always put out a great wake. In fact, in that picture above, the surfside sac had just blown the threads off the fill/empty port. It was probably about half full while the offside was full. That’s why it looks a bit flat. That is also why he got new sacs. The 400s worked beautifully but, we figured why not up the capacities at the same time. That blew the dividers. Now he needs a new prop and more ballast because yes, the wake got bigger and longer and he is into it.
    Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

That is awesome and gets me excited that I can throw a good wake for well under $1000. So on my list of things is to reinforce the dividers, get the sumo straight line 850x2 bags with pump from wakemakers then do a little more looking into the wakeshaper before I jump on that. I know hull shape plays a huge role so what works great for one boat wont work at all for another

Comment

You should at least try making your own shaper, before buying one. They are dirt cheap and there's plenty of how to info out there. For my first one I purchased the aluminum handled suction cups and then found an old cutting board at a second hand store, custom painted with flowers in a vase no less. Grabbed some angle iron I had laying around and went for it. Defensively angle the board back and not straight out at a 90*. Seems to give a better wave and really reduces the splash.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
          My buddy did most of the reinforcements. It’s his boat. He added a bunch of angle aluminum, front, bottom and rear and I built a new engine cover and had it sprayed in bed liner.

The sucgate he runs is one he built. It’s very similar to the Nauticurl but bigger. We’ve run one of my old DIY sucgates (more like jetdrivers) and I couldn’t tell the difference. He likes his so that’s what he runs. Over the last few year, I’ve come to call that wake infallible. No matter what we do to that thing, it always put out a great wake. In fact, in that picture above, the surfside sac had just blown the threads off the fill/empty port. It was probably about half full while the offside was full. That’s why it looks a bit flat. That is also why he got new sacs. The 400s worked beautifully but, we figured why not up the capacities at the same time. That blew the dividers. Now he needs a new prop and more ballast because yes, the wake got bigger and longer and he is into it.
          NickyPoo do you have any pics of the rebuild process on the engine cover? I have that task in my future as mine has cracked fiberglass and is not as solid as it should be.

Comment

This is after it was built but before finish. It’s all 1/2” marine ply. I decided to dado the inside piece of the U section for added strength. The whole thing was finished in truck bed liner. No pics of it finished.
            Attached Files
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

So I just bought a new to me 2001 2100v, and I need to add ballast for surfing. I read a thread on here NICKYPOO is using 2 400lb sacs in the rear , none in the bow, and a sucgate. Everyone says chpthril is the man to go to on here for ballast pricing and advice. NPoo, are you happy with this wake? Just trying to save money.

Thanks in advance!

Lyle

Comment

Working...
              X