Ballast in 2000 Tige 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast in 2000 Tige 21V

Hey everyone, just jumped into the boat owner world after wakesurfing on my buddies moomba and loved it. I just purchased a 2000 Tige 21V and want to make some improvements before next spring when I take it back out. On a limited budget what would be my best modifications to increase my wake size with this boat? Im thinking of buying the Swell wakeshaper, then one ballast bag (weight undetermined) for the surf side rear of the boat and just getting a pump that will pump from over the side of the boat. Will this create dramatic improvements or does everyone here have better reccomendations. Id like whatever I do to stay under $1000
    Thanks

I used two of the 1000 sumo bags with the big sumo throw over pump in my 21v. Either build your own suck gate or purchase a Nauticurl. I think it's the best one. This all worked great on my 21v. Empty the off side ballast just a bit and go surfing.

Comment

Have you used other wakeshapers and coukd definitely tell the nauticurl outperformed the others?
      Also do I have to worry about what size pump I get to fill the ballasts since I have an older boat? I dont want to blow any fuses

Comment

If you wanna save some cash you can buy a shaper from me. I own a Nauticurl and delta, my design out performs both.
        $150 shipped
        CBED2BC8-91A7-4FF3-8761-4BA52A9D1AFF.jpg
        BBD8F048-3EE0-4A31-ADBC-1B4BF5A2A650.jpg

You want bags that hold at least 1000 lbs in each rear corner and 600-700 up front. You’ll want to plumb in the system ASAP, trust me!

Comment

This is what you want to get started:

https://www.wakemakers.com/straight-...000-lbs-1.html

You could add one of these in the front, but as I recall we never used front ballast, other than people weight.

https://www.wakemakers.com/straight-...llast-bag.html

I used the Delta and was not impressed. My homemade one worked much better, but I felt the nauticurl was even better. My homemade one was very similar to the one shown above. Having it all plumbed is very nice, but not necessary to get started surfing, but can be a great winter project and you could use those same rear locker bags and keep the throw over pump as a spare in case you ever have a problem with your pumps down the road.

Comment

That combo deal from wakemakers seems like a good deal! I wish i could plumb in the ballast system but i certainly dont have the time to do it myself over this winter. Possibly next winter!
            Jetdrive that looks a lot like the swell wakeshaper that you have. 3D printed?
            Also to touch back on the pump situation, I thought I remember reading somewhere that older boats cant handle running any pumps over 1200 GPH. Is this strue?

Comment

The Swell does resemble my design, although I’ve been making mine for almost 4 years now. They came out with their first design (even more similar) around the same time. The faceplate on mine is about 30% bigger than the Swell though. Mine are made using table saw, chop saw, router, sander, and drills. I know nothing about 3D printing, except that it’s really cool.
              I bought into the Nauticurl hype and picked one up last summer but was pretty disappointed in the results. It came off too often and is kinda cumbersome. The Mission Delta is a complete waste of money IMO, too small of a faceplate.
              There are a lot of designs on the market, some better than others but most will at least give you a surfable wave with a little ballast.

Not sure what you mean by the boat not handling pumps over 1200 gph. Flow is limited by either the intake size, pump size, the size of the line, or the fittings on the bags. Get the biggest pump you can, waiting for bags to fill with slow pumps sucks.
              Adding roughly the weight I specified(or more) or the equipment that Unstuck linked paired with a good shaper will dramatically change the wave behind your boat without a doubt.
              I threw pumps over the side for a season before I said no mas and plumbed the system in. Lots of info in the ballast forum.
              Last edited by Jetdriver; 10-03-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Gumby has a 21V with a beast of a wave!

I believe he runs a 700 sack in each rear locker, with a 400 on top of each one for a total of 1100 lbs per side. Also 250lbs of lead in the front. Not sure if he gets them all the way full or not but at least most of the way.
                Using a Nauticurl. One of the best waves I've ridden.

This is behind his boat. I'm 6'
                Attached Files

Comment

We have the nauticurl and could not be happier. Has never fallen off and has made the wave so much better on both sides.

Comment

Choose the side surf mounted device of your choice, but one ballast sac on the surf side, is not enough. You will need to weight the boat close to evenly in the rear. 900# in each locker minimum. + sum in the bow.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The simplest thing to do to get a really good wake out of a 21v is to get a couple basic 400lb sacs and a sucgate. One of jetdrivers will work perfectly and the price is definitely right. Yes, you can get bigger sacs. Once you start putting more than 400s in the lockers though, you’ll start blowing out the dividers. That means reinforcing them. I were you, I’d seriously consider plumbing in a couple pumps. It’s not like you’re not going to do it in the future. Get a couple 400s and a sucgate and you can happily surf a great wave that is super easy to set up and is extremely consistent. You can always add bigger sacs later. This is exactly what we’ve done with my buddy’s 21v and it has been a bulletproof surf wake since day one. We just put some 700s in it this summer and blew out both dividers. Got those built up and solid but now he needs bow ballast and a different prop to push the extra weight.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

You don’t need 900s. 2 400s is totally capable. However, get everything you need from chpthril. Don’t bother shopping around. Trust us on that.

2 400s and a sucgate-
                        Attached Files

Comment

NickyPoo. Is that 2 400s in each side or one 400 in each locker?

All: We have a suck gate and a nauti curl. Have really only used the Suck Gate. The nauti curl doesn’t fit on the stepped section of my hull. (Interferes with step right below the wave behind the Tige lettering) . For those 2100v owners running a Nauti curl where are you placing it?

Have been running 400 in each locker with a 400 in the bow walkway. We fill them old school style with two throw over side pumps. Always looking to improve.

Yes the boat ramp was pretty weedy.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by OldeBoy; 10-04-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Wow thats a sweet wave Nickypoo, I would be extremely happy with that. The dividers are actually already partially blown out in my boat. How did you reinforce them?
                            And there seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on the wakeshapers. Is the wakeshaper used in those pictures the nauticurl and it was attached to a 2000 Tige 21V?

Comment

Originally posted by OldeBoy View Post
                              NickyPoo. Is that 2 400s in each side or one 400 in each locker?
                              Just one 400 each side. Nothing in the bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X