No announcement yet.

ZX5... Anyone play with added weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play with bow weight first. Yes we are running 730s in the rear, a 770 in the nose PNP and about 300 of lead up in the bow that we leave in.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
      Play with bow weight first. Yes we are running 730s in the rear, a 770 in the nose PNP and about 300 of lead up in the bow that we leave in.
      Where would I find the PnP bow bag? Wakemakers say they don’t make one.

Comment

you wont you will need to customer order one and plumb it in.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Well first outing was so so. I have 730 lb wakemakers PnP bags in the rear and 600lbs of lead in the bow. Regular side was very nice but not too long but goofy side was washed out. Just couldn’t get it cleaned up. Gotta go again this week by myself so I can experiment a bit more. I know it’s gonna be good just kind of surprised how the goofy side is.

Comment

Are you listing a little bit to surf side on the goofy side? Due to prop spin, I have seen many boats require a little weight bias on goofy side which cleans up the wash. I list a little bit on my boat even with surf tabs and goofy requires a little more list than regular side (I typically have approx 250lbs more on regular side and approx 400lbs more on goofy side running a total of 4900lbs of ballast. (speculation since I have not been in a ZX5)

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
              Either add Pnp to the bow or lead. You will want 700 up there if you add weight in the rear. We are running 730 Rear bags and a 770 bow bag with about 300 in lead up in the nose as well.

Im running different plates so I dont want to give you my surf settings but you can get to a good wave a few different ways in that boat. Less plate with some lead via ballast or more plate but ran a little more straight up even.

I liked taps 3 between 6-9 with taps 2 around 3-5.

I would start with the surf plates at 10 and just run down until you get what you like. 3 degrees of lean side to side and around 9 degrees of pitch will get you right where you need to be.

The GPS is a little off in 19 so you will want to be around the 12-12.2 mark which is really only like 11.8-12.
              Do you have any recommendations if your only surfing the goofy side?

Comment

Originally posted by Cek1 View Post
                We are mostly goofy riders so I will need to dial that in. Wakemakers makes a 700+ lb PnP bag for the rears but was told I may not need it. I think I’ll play with the bow a bit first.
                What are you guys finding works to dial in the goofy side?

Comment

Originally posted by tarrotta View Post
                  What are you guys finding works to dial in the goofy side?
                  Right now I’m running full front plus 800 lbs of lead. Rear 75% with PnP 730 bags. Taps 5 surf 3 with a little list towards the surf side (I move people for that). It’s better but still not where I’d like it and not as good as the regular side. I’m in the process of swapping my plates for GSA tabs. I should be done with that by the weekend. I’ll post once that’s done and I play with it some more. Here is where I’m at now. It’s hard to tell the size but you can tell it’s quite a bit cleaner.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cek1 View Post
                    Right now I’m running full front plus 800 lbs of lead. Rear 75% with PnP 730 bags. Taps 5 surf 3 with a little list towards the surf side (I move people for that). It’s better but still not where I’d like it and not as good as the regular side. I’m in the process of swapping my plates for GSA tabs. I should be done with that by the weekend. I’ll post once that’s done and I play with it some more. Here is where I’m at now. It’s hard to tell the size but you can tell it’s quite a bit cleaner.
                    Thanks for the info. I look forward to hearing back from you on the GSA tabs addition.

Comment

First trip with the GSA tabs. 
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm. Pics are from down under.

Comment

Is that new wave better, worse, same? Hard to tell from that picture.

Comment

It’s a lot better. Longer, and a lot more push. I’ll post better pics when I get home. The thing I like the most is no lead and no list. This is 100% full in the bow and 75% in both rears. Still playing with it.
                            Last edited by Cek1; 08-17-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I have had our 2020 25ZX for 2 weekends now. The GSA tabs are a game changer and they added plug and plays to the front for 2020. We just fill everything to 100% full and the wave is clean on both sides. The new Taps3T functions amazing to adjust the wave to shallow and longer vs. steep and short and it never washes out. I'm sure that's not what the previous gen ZX5 owners want to hear but if you can swing it switch to the GSA tabs and add bow weight.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
                                I have had our 2020 25ZX for 2 weekends now. The GSA tabs are a game changer and they added plug and plays to the front for 2020. We just fill everything to 100% full and the wave is clean on both sides. The new Taps3T functions amazing to adjust the wave to shallow and longer vs. steep and short and it never washes out. I'm sure that's not what the previous gen ZX5 owners want to hear but if you can swing it switch to the GSA tabs and add bow weight.
                                I agree. This was the first trip with the gsa tabs and its a huge difference. I took all of the lead out just to see what it would be like with just the PnP in the rear. I'll add the lead back in on our next trip. Hopefully Tige will offer the bow PnP soon. I would rather run water than lead for towing purposes. Do you know how much the bow PnP adds?

Comment

Working...
                                X