ZX5... Anyone play with added weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZX5... Anyone play with added weight?

Just picked up a ZX5 and am dreaming of summer already. Anyone play with the surf settings yet? What about added weight? Is PnP or lead needed? I’ll figure it out myself but just wanted to see if there is any real world experience yet?

Pics or it didn't happen. JK

I have only had one day in one and we struggled a bit at first to get it toned down to a reasonable size but once we did the regular wave looked really good. You're going to want to add some extra bags in the bow if yours doesn't already have them to lengthen out the wave. For the surf settings base it similar to your rzx2, one thing we found a little different is that you can have the surf tabs at a much higher number and still get a clean wave, which allows to change shape.

Congrats on the new boat man. You still riding up in Seattle? If you are I'm majorly jealous. You're welcome to come bring her for a visit up north anytime you want

Comment

Originally posted by Cek1 View Post
      Just picked up a ZX5 and am dreaming of summer already. Anyone play with the surf settings yet? What about added weight? Is PnP or lead needed? I’ll figure it out myself but just wanted to see if there is any real world experience yet?
      I have a little. I will email you, been meaning to anyway. Congratulations on my favorite one yet

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        Pics or it didn't happen. JK

I have only had one day in one and we struggled a bit at first to get it toned down to a reasonable size but once we did the regular wave looked really good. You're going to want to add some extra bags in the bow if yours doesn't already have them to lengthen out the wave. For the surf settings base it similar to your rzx2, one thing we found a little different is that you can have the surf tabs at a much higher number and still get a clean wave, which allows to change shape.

Congrats on the new boat man. You still riding up in Seattle? If you are I'm majorly jealous. You're welcome to come bring her for a visit up north anytime you want
        We haven’t had it on the water yet. We boat on lake Roosevelt so we a r done for the season. Just excited to try it out.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
          I have a little. I will email you, been meaning to anyway. Congratulations on my favorite one yet
          Thanks Chris. Really appreciate all of the info and the family loves the new boat. Even tho we only get to look at it on the trailer. Lol

Comment

I’m sure elevated will chime in but he has it dialed in already
            surf till u die.

Comment

Nice setup. I believe that was the boat from the boat from the summer boat show, I really liked it.

Congrats man!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                Nice setup. I believe that was the boat from the boat from the summer boat show, I really liked it.

Congrats man!
                Yep. This is the boat and thank you.

Comment

Glad you got the RZX2 sold. Congrats on the new boat. I havent gotten to go monkey with a ZX5 but one of the trends that Ive noticed with the bigger surf barges IMO is that they dont like rear biased weight as much as more traditional hulls in the past. Midship weight and wight towards the nose/walkthru seems to be the ticket on the bigger boats Ive gotten to go out on (Max an SL)

Comment

That's not your average tow rig for such a big boat. How does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                      That's not your average tow rig for such a big boat. How does it do?
                      It does fine. I wouldn't want to pull it every weekend only because it only get about 6mpg towing. lol I had to upgrade the rear springs to +3 Deavers and have some tuning and mild mods done to the engine. Power is no problem.

Comment

Either add Pnp to the bow or lead. You will want 700 up there if you add weight in the rear. We are running 730 Rear bags and a 770 bow bag with about 300 in lead up in the nose as well.

Im running different plates so I dont want to give you my surf settings but you can get to a good wave a few different ways in that boat. Less plate with some lead via ballast or more plate but ran a little more straight up even.

I liked taps 3 between 6-9 with taps 2 around 3-5.

I would start with the surf plates at 10 and just run down until you get what you like. 3 degrees of lean side to side and around 9 degrees of pitch will get you right where you need to be.

The GPS is a little off in 19 so you will want to be around the 12-12.2 mark which is really only like 11.8-12.
                        Germaine Marine
                        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Very Nice - Love those colors! I think you will like some lead in the nose, but stock on that boat is really, really good...the goofy side does need a little tweak off of stock full, but it doesn't take much.

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                            Either add Pnp to the bow or lead. You will want 700 up there if you add weight in the rear. We are running 730 Rear bags and a 770 bow bag with about 300 in lead up in the nose as well.

Im running different plates so I dont want to give you my surf settings but you can get to a good wave a few different ways in that boat. Less plate with some lead via ballast or more plate but ran a little more straight up even.

I liked taps 3 between 6-9 with taps 2 around 3-5.

I would start with the surf plates at 10 and just run down until you get what you like. 3 degrees of lean side to side and around 9 degrees of pitch will get you right where you need to be.

The GPS is a little off in 19 so you will want to be around the 12-12.2 mark which is really only like 11.8-12.
                            Are you using a PnP now bag? If so what bag? I’m trying to avoid lead if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                              Very Nice - Love those colors! I think you will like some lead in the nose, but stock on that boat is really, really good...the goofy side does need a little tweak off of stock full, but it doesn't take much.
                              We are mostly goofy riders so I will need to dial that in. Wakemakers makes a 700+ lb PnP bag for the rears but was told I may not need it. I think I’ll play with the bow a bit first.

Comment

Working...
                              X