No announcement yet.

2004 22v Ballast help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep in mind the nice thing about lead is it comes in 50lb bags that have a nice handle on them and are easy to move around the boat as needed or to take them out .

Comment

Originally posted by matt4124 View Post
      The only reason I want to stay away from lead is because I still take my boat out on the Great Lakes and having extra weight isn’t wanted!
      22 footer on Lake Michigan on a windy day.........that's a scary thought without the lead!

Comment

Originally posted by topaz surfer View Post
        Depending on how far you want to go you might have to use lead as well because you will run out of room for water ballast. For instance I have a 600lb bag in my bow and 500lb in lead under that bag. Will do Nick
        Spot on. I’m running 1100’s in each rear locker and the 600 lb sack up front and it’s not enough front weight. Borrowed a friend’s 300 lb sack and placed it up front in the aisle and saw a noticeable improvement in my wave. I’m thinking about adding lead to the front as a winter project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy View Post
          Spot on. I’m running 1100’s in each rear locker and the 600 lb sack up front and it’s not enough front weight. Borrowed a friend’s 300 lb sack and placed it up front in the aisle and saw a noticeable improvement in my wave. I’m thinking about adding lead to the front as a winter project.
          Interesting, thanks. Longer wave, I'm assuming?

Comment

Originally posted by dtmoke View Post
            Interesting, thanks. Longer wave, I'm assuming?
            A bit longer and less steep. Taps gives me some adjustability with the steepness but the additional weight seems to improve the wave. I didn’t get out last year as much as I hoped so didn’t get to tinker with it like I wanted.

One thing I notice is that when I’m driving and my friends are surfing the wave looks amazing. As soon as it’s my turn the wave is less clean and less push. My hypothesis is this that the 22v likes some list to the surf side. Equal weight with a suck gate and me driving leans the boat just enough to give a good wave. My friends are lighter so when they’re driving not as much list and a lessor wave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X