2004 22v Ballast help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 22v Ballast help

Ok, I've had this boat for 2 summers now and don't want to upgrade to a newer boat. However since I'm keeping it I want to upgrade the ballast.
    1. My first question is can I just buy new ballast bags and fill pumps and wire the new pump where the old one exists. (replaced drain pumps with 800 gph already)
    2. How much ballast can I fill at one time? 1500lbs 2000lbs

My plans was to pull the hard tanks out replace with 850 lb bags in the corner and 300-400 lb bag in the front.
    I also planned on using the stock electrical toggle switches to turn pumps on and off.

1) yes and yes.
    2) the ballast weight wont dictate, but the pump flow rate the capacity of the intake will. The amount of ballast is just a mater of time based on the pump flow rate.

If you are surfing, id go more then 850# for each real locker. The bow can hold nearly 600

The factory switches are fine if you stick with aerator pumps.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you.
      Me and the majority of my friends surf regular so would you say 1000lb sac in each locker then fill as needed while completely filling the bow to max.
      I don't use a suck grate or anything so I simply rely on pure ballast.
      I'm just hoping to swap fill pumps and bags then be on my way.
      Mostly surf with 3 people on board.

Comment

If listing over for a surf wave, then id suggest the Fly High W712 Enzo at least, or a custom for a little more weight. The W711 will fill the bow pretty good, for about 600.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

ok, so would you go with 2 of the 712's one on each side?

Comment

You have a great boat that can make a really good surf wave depending on your interest in what you want out of it. I have a 2003 22v and we run 1600lb in the rear surf side and 1100lb in the bow to give you a referance for a great wave. Chpthril can get you set up he has helped many people with there set ups. Happy surfing.

Comment

You can get a pretty damn good wave with a grand in each corner and 5-600 upfront. It gets a lot better with another thousand pounds of people in the boat though. If you’re listing go with the enzo for sure. If you’re using a wake shaper you can get by with less. If you want a monster get two Enzo bags and 600 lbs and a couple hundred lbs of lead.
              Of course with all this new weight you’ll most likely need a tractor prop. BOAT=Break out another thousand

Comment

Ya I really just wanna large long wave. I'm not going pro so I don't care to have the wave instantly shift over but would like to have a large enough wave to start adding more combos to my trick list.

Comment

I can attest to Topaz Surfers wake. It is awesome.

Give me a shout sometime, Dave!
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Ya I've been pricing everything out. Living in Michigan is no fun since our summer and warm weather is almost over.

Comment

Winter is a perfect tome to do the ballast install. I can give you a estimate for sacs and plumbing kits if you like.

Comment

Whatever you end up doing, save yourself some time and stop shopping. Chpthril is the man.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

absolutely. I wanna do just ballast no lead. just plan on using boat list.

Comment

Depending on how far you want to go you might have to use lead as well because you will run out of room for water ballast. For instance I have a 600lb bag in my bow and 500lb in lead under that bag. Will do Nick

Comment

The only reason I want to stay away from lead is because I still take my boat out on the Great Lakes and having extra weight isn’t wanted!

Comment

Working...
                              X