No announcement yet.

Best Surf Setup 2005 22V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not get the chance to get out. I'm hoping to go out some evening this week or next weekend. I'm anxious to figure this out. I will report back.

Comment

Question on a 2005 22v. I just started. I have a Mission Delta, a 650# in each rear locker and a 750# under the seats in the bow. When I put the mission where it looks like it should go, its on the rear decal. It kept falling off. Trying to figure placement. Could anyone provide advice? Do I need to remove the decal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

lowest and furthest back seems to be the key for me.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I placed my suck-gate partially over the sticker and it would pop off every once in a while but it wasn't too bothersome. This spring I went ahead and removed the decals on each side - took about 20 minutes to do both sides -- used a heat gun and a plastic scraper. Pretty easy. From experience the more level the boat I foundthe best position is above the strake (where the sticker is) and as far back as possible. I am discovering this boat likes a little lean to it and have now been placing the suck-gate below the strake.

Comment

TO Team -- I spent some time over the last couple weeks and think I have the goofy side pretty dialed in. Here's my setup:
            1100 sack in each rear locker
            650 lb sack in bow

We had best results with this config:
            Strd side full
            Port side about 75% - 80% full (approx. 825 lbs) -- this boat seems to need a little lean to get a better wave
            TAPS at 2.5
            Speed 11.2
            One person (avg size) surf side bow.
            Suck gate lower strake port side as far back as possible

Comment

I'm rocking suck gate furthest back and lowest possible.

Then surf rear side full 1850#
              Offside rear 1400-1500 (estimated)
              Bow full 400-500
              Bow lead- 200

Taps around 5, speed 11.5
              Attached Files
              Last edited by duffymahoney; 06-20-2017, 08:07 PM.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by Kully View Post
                Question on a 2005 22v. I just started. I have a Mission Delta, a 650# in each rear locker and a 750# under the seats in the bow. When I put the mission where it looks like it should go, its on the rear decal. It kept falling off. Trying to figure placement. Could anyone provide advice? Do I need to remove the decal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Usually I am able to weight the boat down even enough with a small bit of list to the surf side where my suck gate actually goes on above the decal. I do have Enzo sacks so it sinks me down pretty well... when I list heavy and use the suck gate just to clean the lip I just have to play with the suck gate until I can get a good hold on the decal but it does usually take some time... if you can take the decals off that would be the most effective also waxing the boat makes it harder for the suck gate to hold as well. Learned that the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X