Best Surf Setup 2005 22V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Surf Setup 2005 22V?

From your experience, what's the best ballast and TAPS configuration for surfing the 05 22V?

This has been addressed a lot. Custom ballast bags in each rear locker, then bow ballast. Taps at 2-4 then 11.2-12.5mph.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thanks! Great info. Which custom ballast? The Fly High Enzo sac (1450 lbs model w712) or would the Fly High 1100 lb. jumbo v-drive sac (model w719) do just as well? (as it's significantly less expensive) I have ordered the 650 lb integrated bow sac (model w711).

Comment

For the 22v, this guy has an incredible wave. Helluva nice guy too.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...all&highlight=

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=Topazsurfer
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Duffy is the man on the Vs. chpthril as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            Duffy is the man on the Vs. chpthril as well.
            Chpthril knows far more then I do
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
              Chpthril knows far more then I do
              Your humbleness knows no bounds.

Comment

Yeah Topazsurfer has the setup spot on for the V. With a little lead and Enzy type sac, that wave is hard to beat!

Comment

The setup I had the most success with this season was a full 650lb bow sack (w711), a full 750 lb sack in each rear locker and a diy suck gate. I would keep any passengers in the rear cockpit and just move them to the surf side. With more or heavier passengers the wake was very respectable. Not huge by any measure but decent length and good push.

I plan to add an integrated ballast system over the winter and upgrade the rear sacks to the 1100lb model. I know most folks are getting great results with 1400lb Enzo style sacks but I'm hurting for storage and need the under seat areas on the sides for storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Reviving this thread as I need some help. I upgraded my ballast system this spring to include a pair of 1100's in each rear locker and a 600 lb integrated bow sack . Took the boat out yesterday and could never really get a good goofy wave - pretty washed out. Bow was really high - had taps set 0-1 and tried speeds from 11 - 12.5 mph with no luck. I drained a little from the port sack but didn't see any appreciable differences. I use a homemade suck-gate as well. I would appreciate any advice from you 22v owners. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy View Post
                      Reviving this thread as I need some help. I upgraded my ballast system this spring to include a pair of 1100's in each rear locker and a 600 lb integrated bow sack . Took the boat out yesterday and could never really get a good goofy wave - pretty washed out. Bow was really high - had taps set 0-1 and tried speeds from 11 - 12.5 mph with no luck. I drained a little from the port sack but didn't see any appreciable differences. I use a homemade suck-gate as well. I would appreciate any advice from you 22v owners. Thanks!
                      Unless you are using a suck gate or some kind of wake shaper on the opposite side you need to lean the boat pretty hard. I run full Enzo sacks (1400lbs approx) on surf side then maybe quarter full Enzo sack (350lbs approx) non surf side and full bow sack (600lbs approx). If I am using the suck gate then I usually bump up the non surf side to about 1000lbs so I still have a little list to help clean the goofy side up with the gate. I would adjust ur surfgate either moving it forward or back on the hull makes it longer or taller as well as up or down can make a big difference on how clean it is. Hope that helps! I love my 22v!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSam View Post
                        Unless you are using a suck gate or some kind of wake shaper on the opposite side you need to lean the boat pretty hard. I run full Enzo sacks (1400lbs approx) on surf side then maybe quarter full Enzo sack (350lbs approx) non surf side and full bow sack (600lbs approx). If I am using the suck gate then I usually bump up the non surf side to about 1000lbs so I still have a little list to help clean the goofy side up with the gate. I would adjust ur surfgate either moving it forward or back on the hull makes it longer or taller as well as up or down can make a big difference on how clean it is. Hope that helps! I love my 22v!

Thank you! Helpful info. I did try experimenting with moving the suck gate from its usual spot to below the hull strake/step. But I think the wave was slightly better with it above. I run it as far back as it will go, angled slightly downward to accommodate the bow rise. I have not tried moving it forward. It's a Mission wakesurf kind of gate so the paddle is at the front of the handle so it's already about a foot from the very rear of the boat when deployed as far back as possible.

My bow is really high while underway and at any speed I tried between 11 - 12.5mph I have to run Taps 0-1 to push the bow down. What speed are you running and what Taps setting?

Comment

Thank you! Helpful info. I did try experimenting with moving the suck gate from its usual spot to below the hull strake/step. But I think the wave was slightly better with it above. I run it as far back as it will go, angled slightly downward to accommodate the bow rise. I have not tried moving it forward. It's a Mission wakesurf kind of gate so the paddle is at the front of the handle so it's already about a foot from the very rear of the boat when deployed as far back as possible.

My bow is really high while underway and at any speed I tried between 11 - 12.5mph I have to run Taps 0-1 to push the bow down. What speed are you running and what Taps setting?

We usually run around 11mph... I tend to ride regular so I'm not as dialed in on the goofy side but I believe it was right around 11 on the goofy side as well. We usually run with taps at 4 or 5 for people who like a steep wake or 1-2 for those that don't want it quite as steep. One thing to note is with the prop rotation it tends to be harder to clean up the goofy side so you might need to lean the boat a little even with the mission surf system... also I put my suck gate on the 22v decal as far back as I can which tends to be just above the step in the hull.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSam View Post
                            We usually run around 11mph... I tend to ride regular so I'm not as dialed in on the goofy side but I believe it was right around 11 on the goofy side as well. We usually run with taps at 4 or 5 for people who like a steep wake or 1-2 for those that don't want it quite as steep. One thing to note is with the prop rotation it tends to be harder to clean up the goofy side so you might need to lean the boat a little even with the mission surf system... also I put my suck gate on the 22v decal as far back as I can which tends to be just above the step in the hull.

Awesome. Thank you! I'm thinking I may not have enough lean, even with my suck gate. The next time I go out I'll only fill the non-surf side about 1/2 and see what happens. Another thing on my mind is my speed. When running around 11.5 with Taps at 4 the wake is very steep and close - unsurfable. Something you're not experiencing with 30% more weight. I'll also check my speed calibration next time too.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you! I'm thinking I may not have enough lean, even with my suck gate. The next time I go out I'll only fill the non-surf side about 1/2 and see what happens. Another thing on my mind is my speed. When running around 11.5 with Taps at 4 the wake is very steep and close - unsurfable. Something you're not experiencing with 30% more weight. I'll also check my speed calibration next time too.

How did things turn out were you able to dial in the wake and clean things up?

Comment

Working...
                              X