First time wake surf setup advice for my 2000 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winner declared.. IYO!

It would be great to do a poll, see how many have FAEs on their boat. I bet it's less than a quarter.

I almost always surf with the front pass through wide open. That would make a huge difference as the "station wagon" effect is well known. My larger express boat with twin diesels could make your eyes burn if the wind and speed was right.

I can say that I've never noticed exhaust smell in my 22Ve. And even if I did, that doesn't mean there is CO mixed in that gas.
    Last edited by ericinmich; 03-03-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

@ericinmich - very informative post!

I have to ask since this thread has evolved - wouldn't the AVX give the same results (or close) as the FAE?

I mean, the exhaust "should" be kept underwater and in the prop stream with the AVX right?

Comment

I think there are other threads dedicated to the merits of FAE, perhaps an even deeper dive can be taken up there. I'd love to read more feedback and opinions related to the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 21V Riders Edition View Post
          I think there are other threads dedicated to the merits of FAE, perhaps an even deeper dive can be taken up there. I'd love to read more feedback and opinions related to the original post.
          Sorry. Some seriously poor manners on our part. Eric is making a hell of an argument.

Continued here-

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...326#post758326
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

You can get by for a season without a speed control system...maybe. These boats seem to do really well for beginner surfing with very little investment, but it takes a very talented driver to hold a steady speed down around 9.5 to 10 mph. I've only got one friend capable of maintaining speed for any real length of time while I'm behind the boat.

I was going to by a new tower to replace the met-crap over the winter, but that money ended up going to Hydrophase.

For reference, I'm able to surf mine with only 600lbs in the port rear locker and a driver on a cheap surf-style board; so you're proposed starter set up is not too far off while allowing you to switch sides.

Comment

hi... my first post

i have a 2001 21V and my main purpose of the boat is for wakesurfing. i use 2 x 800lbs in each rear locker and an 400lbs in the walkway front. a FAE is a must but please raise the swimplate by 1-2 inch because it ruin the wave. i use a home made surf tabs (a 1 day setup) last year but this year i made a new pro made surf system.

my old setup. 5063B5AF-C3A3-4FBC-9BC2-F2FEB005DAD5.jpg

and the result : https://youtu.be/74JOGfNNB_g
              and : https://vimeo.com/156511095

the next setup : FullSizeRender.jpg

-Walter

Comment

Originally posted by water1982 View Post
                hi... my first post

i have a 2001 21V and my main purpose of the boat is for wakesurfing. i use 2 x 800lbs in each rear locker and an 400lbs in the walkway front. a FAE is a must but please raise the swimplate by 1-2 inch because it ruin the wave. i use a home made surf tabs (a 1 day setup) last year but this year i made a new pro made surf system.

-Walter
                Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up. That's a pretty big bomb to drop into the middle of thread. It would be great if you could start a new thread just for your tab system. I'd really like to see a lot more pics of the tabs. I'm sure there's going to be lots of questions. I have several already.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Water1982: Ugh, I don't want to raise my swim platform (is that what you mean by swim plate)? I think I'll buy an FAE and see the impact on the wake for my unique setup, then hopefully avoid raising it. Thanks for the heads up though, in case it has the same impact on my setup. I'm going to dive in and order the Ronix wake shaper. It will be a couple months before I get it out, test and take pictures. I will post results with pix when ready.

Thanks for the reply, great info.

Comment

I dont Want to hijack your thread but I almost finished my built, some results:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...on-my-2001-21V

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X