Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 R20 with Surf Ballast System (1,600 lbs). Settings Reccomdation Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at my post above. This is with the same hull as your boat as we have a 2012 RZR. I know my pics are starboard but the port side wave is even better - taller and longer. We have the same ballast set up as you. Fill the bow completely. The boat likes bow weight. The only person we have on starboard side when surfing port is the driver. Place your passengers in the back corner moving forward.

You should be able to get a wave no problem.

Comment

Guys - thanks to EVERYONE for all your feedback... SO helpful...and I really appreciate it!

Comment

I have some video I can share to give an idea of what different weight configurations look like. I have to upload the video to youtube first then I'll post it.

Comment

On my 2011 R20 with the Surf Ballast and no VX I fill the bow (400#) and fill the surf side (600#) taps 3-4 and speed 10.4-11 on bunch of things like experience, water depth, and water condition. I also if try to surf with my depth gauge reading 15' or more however the wave is really nice even down to 10' on the gauge but from their as the depth decreases you can watch the wave deteriorate. The starboard benefits from a bit of extra weight if you can in the rear. I also have 400# worth of POP bags (10 bags, 40# each). I shift them around or take them out completely depending on how many people are riding with me. If for example I have a rider, a driver and a passenger I will take all of the bags with me. In general I leave two on the port side just aft of the storage bench two compensate for my boats tendency to lean a bit toward the starboard side. Then I will put four bags under the seat on the surf side and four bags in the bow on the surf side seat. The POP bags aren't necessary but come in really handy fine tuning the wave and are especially helpful cleaning up the starboard side wave. They are also great to have in the bow if nobody wants to sit up there, I have found the extra bow weight to be very helpful.

Comment

The first video is stock surf ballast weight, 400 front and 600 surf side. Taps position is at 2 then 3.

The second video is 400 front and 950 surf side. I now have the W004 bags I got from MLA but I was filling a bag with a manual pump prior to that to get the extra weight. The extra weight definitely creates a more powerful wave and a cleaner face, both pockets are about the same length. More front weight will help with length but you would have to be super careful not to dunk the bow.

These are all with my surf flap installed.

I'll post up the goofy side in another post.

Comment

The water depth is definitely an issue, as others have said. I have been working on finding the right "lines" in our lake and finally have it dialed in pretty well. If we get into water that is less than 15 feet, it makes a considerable difference in the wake. I too am an ocean surfer and it took awhile to pick it up. Gas and break! Also, we tried the liquid force fish and had the same outcome. It is a very slow board. Try removing the center fin. It speeds the board up a lot. And the W005 sack is the shiz!

Comment

Here's the starboard wake videos. The first one is with just stock weighting. It's just not enough for my 2011. Prop wash is awful. Like I said before I have the W004's now but this video was with at 450 filled on the seat to give me 1050. The w004 will give me 1020 totally full. You can see there is a double lip in the wake in the second video and I'm pretty sure that is from my swim deck cutting into the wake. The optimal weight is somewhere in between what I have and the stock. I still have some prop wash so I need to make my flap longer or get the VX. VX retrofit for me is 5000 so it's hard to justify.

Comment

Working...
                X