No announcement yet.

Talk me off the ledge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are in the Denver are look up squid at squidswake.com he runs a 20ft boat that throws a crazy wake and he will teach you everything you need to know about surfing and also sells custom boards.

On another note my 07 22ve has the custom sacs from MLA and I run a V-sac in bow. I fill bow completely full and the side we are surfing completely full with just my wife and me in the boat we are able to go wireless. I sometime fill the opposite rear side around 25 percent but it isn't necessary all the time. We run taps around 3.5-4 and have noticed that while learning it is better to keep the speed around 9.4-9.6mph. I'm sure once you get the hang of it you can speed up to around 11.4-11.8 area as most ppl with this boat/setup are running around that speed with the taps around a 4 setting. Any higher than that and you will have a lot of wash.

Comment

We originally started out with the smaller 1100lb sacs and without extra ppl in the boat you probably won't be able to go wireless. It sounds like you should have plenty of weight so slow down and adjust taps down a bit and I bet you go wireless. You won't be able to a lot of tricks at that slow speed but will allow you to go wireless which will boost your confidence in surfing as I have been there.

Tell squid I sent ya if you get a hold of him.

Comment

Thanks for all the input and talking a brother off the ledge. I am happy to report I've got the wake dialed and it's pretty awesome. I bought a new board which made a big difference. When surfing with buddies the weight is just fine for now until I pop for the Enzo next year. When just out with my family I throw a 400-500lb bag on the seat and fill the bow sac full and get a nice wake. I snapped this photo of my buddy to give you an idea.

Comment

What is the water depth?

Comment

Here's our setup for regular side on 2007 22VE that works well as another data point. speed is 11.2, taps at 4.5 or 5, 1100 bag in rearlocker/seat, 250 lb factory hard tank on driver side, then 300 lb bag on back seat and two fat bricks in back corner on the floor with one driver and one passenger in boat, nothing up front. throws a very good sized wave which all of us surf nicely. I go 250+ and ride Walker Project Bazooka so part of your issue might be the board. My son goes 190 and does nicely both surf and skim. Provides good sized pocket of 5-7 feet long. MLA did the ballast install and its somewhere here. In jakes video wave height is 3-5 inches above knee. some vids:

Comment

Working...
            X