No announcement yet.

2007 RZ2 Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello chpthril here is a picture of the bags does it matter which one is port and which is starboard. Does one ballast configuration have an advantage on either side? Which ever side I am going to add the glue in ports to each side at the bottom for the cross over correct?

1759b.jpg

Comment

My wife came home to this and said she was afraid I was going to sink the boat

Comment

In your 07, it would not really matter too much, but technically, the one with the 4 ports on top, would be the starboard side.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am just curious what makes it the starboard side?
          I also need to confirm that I am putting the new port in the bottom of each of the ballast bags beside the drain port.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeunrest View Post
            I am just curious what makes it the starboard side?
            I also need to confirm that I am putting the new port in the bottom of each of the ballast bags beside the drain port.
            The newer GEN sac has ports that make it usable for the Plug-n-Play swap for the OEM surf sac in the 2010-present boats. The placement of these ports are specific, thus making it one side or the other.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hence the other two ports in the bottom, very interesting thank you

Comment

Just want to shout out to Mike for his help with my ballast system. Looking forward to adding the ballast to the front too, right now just filling manually.
                It is really fast to fill with the Johnson 1600 GPH pumps, drain times are a little slower but it's usually when we are heading back to the ramp anyway. Transfer is/will be fast the ballast puppy was having issues it was being intermittent. It would work sometimes and other times not my son and I tested the switch and circuit. They both tested good. I took the top of the Ballast puppy apart and made sure it was ok. Not for the faint of heart the top end has brushes, springs and other things popping out. Got it back together and tested it on the battery, and it seemed to run good. Mounted it back in and put it back on the switch and now it works perfect. I really didn't care about the transfer pump not working I just wanted to surf. I have not had any time since putting in the ballast been on the boat.
                A few things I should have asked Mike about but if you read enough all the answers are here on T.O.

Comment

Working...
                X