2007 RZ2 Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 RZ2 Ballast

Got my tracking number now just waiting for the shipment now!!
    Thanks to MLA for all the help with my ballast upgrade.
    Makes me feel like a kid again, now that I know its on it's way.

Did you get a crossover pump for the rear? I highly recommend them.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

If you have any questions once into the install, dont hesitate to call, email or post up.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike and I discussed this and I did get the Johnson Ultra-Ballast Pump for the transfer.
        Our family is about half regular and half goofy, so it was a must have.
        I also did two 1600 gph for fill pumps, and two T1200's gph pumps for emptying.
        Hopefully this will move some water fairly quickly!!
        We like spending time in the water when it's warm so the downtime won't be an issue.

Comment

So which size bags did you go with? And does your boat currently have the factory ballast?

I'll be picking up my order from Mike tomorrow for my 07 RZ2. I ended up going with 1100s for now and 1200gph pumps for fill and dumps. I'll eventually upgrade it to more weight and a transfer pump, but the 1100s and some lead should do nicely for now.

Comment

I picked the bags up off of one the members here but he did say and I didn't ask the size.
            Me=
            They are big though I blew them up at home to see how big they were.

Maybe Mike can step in and answer that question for me.
            Last edited by tigeunrest; 06-06-2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              If you have any questions once into the install, dont hesitate to call, email or post up.
              Will do chpthril, I am sure I will have some questions.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeunrest View Post
                I picked the bags up off of one the members here but he did say and I didn't ask the size.
                Me=
                They are big though I blew them up at home to see how big they were.

Maybe Mike can step in and answer that question for me.
                I cant remember exactly what generation custom sac John had, so they will be 1000 lbs or more.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The port side is his 2nd generation and the starboard side is his 3rd generation with 2010 and newer P-N-P capability.

Comment

Ok. You should get 1200 lbs out of both, unless the 07 has the cooler behind the driver, then a little less on the STBD side

Comment

I am planning on taking out the cooler. I just don't know if I will get to it this year. I am sure the wave will still be pretty good with it in.
                      I am in the process of cutting my swim deck right now. Just finalizing my design. Not sure if I am sticking with the RZ shape or going a little different.

Comment

what are the 1600gph pumps (brand/model)?

Originally posted by tigeunrest View Post
                        Mike and I discussed this and I did get the Johnson Ultra-Ballast Pump for the transfer.
                        Our family is about half regular and half goofy, so it was a must have.
                        I also did two 1600 gph for fill pumps, and two T1200's gph pumps for emptying.
                        Hopefully this will move some water fairly quickly!!
                        We like spending time in the water when it's warm so the downtime won't be an issue.
                        2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Pro Series 1600 GPH Johnson Pumps

Comment

Ok picked up my shipment yesterday. Don't have time this weekend to start but soon.
                            I am going to try to post up any qestions I have to help others with thier installs. I know it's an older boat but I think it will still be relevant to some.

Big "THANKS" to chpthril @ MLA.
                            Sent you an email too Mike.

Comment

"questions"

Comment

Working...
                              X