No announcement yet.

07 22ve ballast install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can u tell me brand and model of the back and v-front bags you used?

Comment

Originally posted by GUY_RPM View Post
      I used the Fly High Pro X Series Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac 1100lb ea in rear lockers and the Fly High Pro X Series Integrated Bow Sac of V sac in the bow and it is a 650lb sac

Comment

Originally posted by mls6722 View Post
        You must be itchin' to get back in that sweet spot! Nice looking wave. Did you time fill/drain time?
        Didn't time the fill and drain of sacs as I was getting board, rope, beer, etc out while they filled. I can't imagine the front took longer than 3-5min and the rear around 5-7 min. It went a lot faster than one would think. I was shocked that when they drained they layed down completely flat also.

Comment

Your PM box is full, sent email
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by GUY_RPM View Post
            Just an update that I have moved from the 1100lb sacs to the custom sac that MLA sells as I couldn't get enough wake height without additional ppl in the boat. The custom sacs do take the under seat storage in the rear and cost a lot more $$ but well worth it. I don't need additional ppl in boat now to surf. The custom sacs are rated around 1300-1400 on ea side and they fill completely unlike the standard 1100lb sac that wouldn't fill completely. They are still a fat sac brand so will more less plug-n-play

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
              Just an update that I have moved from the 1100lb sacs to the custom sac that MLA sells as I couldn't get enough wake height without additional ppl in the boat. The custom sacs do take the under seat storage in the rear and cost a lot more $$ but well worth it. I don't need additional ppl in boat now to surf. The custom sacs are rated around 1300-1400 on ea side and they fill completely unlike the standard 1100lb sac that wouldn't fill completely. They are still a fat sac brand so will more less plug-n-play
              Are you selling your old 1100LB sacs? I may be interested if so. also what did the custom sacs run? Your install looks great! I am getting inspired to do the install on my boat, just want to start with the bags and see how everyone likes the surf wave before automating.

Comment

Originally posted by 25cents View Post
                Are you selling your old 1100LB sacs? I may be interested if so. also what did the custom sacs run? Your install looks great! I am getting inspired to do the install on my boat, just want to start with the bags and see how everyone likes the surf wave before automating.
                Probably wont sell the 1100lb sacs as they will be sold with the boat if I ever trade up and will pull the custom sacs out. The custom ones are from MLA and run around $550-$600 range shipped to your door with fittings. I totally understand not wanting to automate yet as I had the same thoughts as you. The deciding factor for me was when I spoke to a couple dealers about possibly trading they asked if it had ballast, and stated they would knock a few thousand off for trade as they would have to install most likely before selling it as majority of ppl looking at a 22ft or above boat are going to want automated systems.

So being handy and after watching several videos on here and with the help of MLA and a few other TO decided to do the install myself. All together I have a little over $2,000 in ballast setup but don't regret making it automated. I find myself using the rear bags as counterweights when I have ppl in the boat and it is leaning towards one side. I will fill a little in the opposite side bag to level the boat out. Usually easier then telling ppl to move around etc. that way they can sit where they want.

Comment

Working...
                X