No announcement yet.

Acme 1235 on 22Ve - DHM trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure how much weight Maj has in his boat, but I can tell you what I have experienced with my 20v this past summer. Granted you and Maj have a slightly bigger boat than I, but I thought I would still share.

I have a pair of W719 Surf Sacs. They are rated up to 1100#s, but due to the constraints of my lockers I get about 950#s. My lockers are about 4 inches short. These sacks need 50 inches in length, and my lockers are 46. So I loose a few pounds because of this.

Anyways, last summer misses Hyphen said she felt the boat skip, make funny noises, and that the boat would shake a little bit when it was weighted down. After doing a little research I found that it could be one of these two things.

1. I had reach the limitation of my prop. Meaning, that with all the added weight to the boat that prop was just making it by. To fix this I would need a larger prop to bush more water. Hence the 1235 prop as a popular upgrade for boats.

2. An air pocket was being created due to how the boat was weighted, and she was feeling the cavitation of that. To fix this I would have to not weight it as much in the back, or add some weight to the front to prevent the air pocket from happening.

I am not an expert by any means, but I still wanted to share.

Comment

Working...
    X