Acme 1235 on 22Ve - DHM trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acme 1235 on 22Ve - DHM trailer

I have the stock 537 prop and I am thinking of upgrading to the 1235. It is 1 inch larger in diameter and I am just not sure I have the clearance on my trailer. The boat is a 2008 22Ve and the trailer is DHM. As the photo shows, there is between 0.5 and 0.75 inches of clearance as it sits on the trailer. I don't know how much closer I can go and still be sure it won't contact when I am loading or unloading. Does anyone out there have the same trailer / boat combo with a 1235?

Advice?
    Attached Files

The back end of the boat should be floating up a bit when you load and un-load. Check you side clearence too.

Do you need a new prop or just want one? You should drive my boat to see if it makes that much difference to you. I don't think it's a night and day improvement. If my 537 didn't hit the bott of the lake I'm not sure I would have changed to a 1235

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
      The back end of the boat should be floating up a bit when you load and un-load. Check you side clearence too.

Do you need a new prop or just want one? You should drive my boat to see if it makes that much difference to you. I don't think it's a night and day improvement. If my 537 didn't hit the bott of the lake I'm not sure I would have changed to a 1235
      That's good to know that I won't have to change when I add all my weight

Comment

Majestic, that's a good point. I will finish my balast before I decide. I do want to get a spare prop, so I was just thinking ahead. I have never had any issue with my 537.

Comment

Originally posted by mls6722 View Post
          Majestic, that's a good point. I will finish my balast before I decide. I do want to get a spare prop, so I was just thinking ahead. I have never had any issue with my 537.
          Have you started your ballast install yet?

Comment

How much weight are you running with the 537?
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I have a dhm trailer and a 537 prop, there is only 3/4" clearance, I just put a peice of 3/4" plywood between and just slides through

Comment

Probably won't be able to get a 15"er under there

Comment

You could always put some spacers under your bunks and get some more room.

Comment

Originally posted by lancehon View Post
                    Have you started your ballast install yet?
                    Not yet lance. I have decided to keep the hard tanks and move the batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                      How much weight are you running with the 537?
                      I am putting in a custom sac (around 1100) plus my factory 250.

Comment

Originally posted by mls6722 View Post
                        Not yet lance. I have decided to keep the hard tanks and move the batteries.
                        Sounds fun, let us know how it all works out

Comment

On the ballast. If it were me, I would leave the tanks and leave the batteries. Lead weighs more than water. If you put the bags in the lockers, the batteries will be covered. I don't think the bag would even have to be notched, it will just fill in around the battery. The hard tanks wold probably be plumbed separately. Just my two cents.... I'd check with the fat sac guys before. I have a 2007 rz2 and thought for a minute of trying to find some tanks someone took out. They do fit very well.

On the Acme 1235. I put one on my boat. I never ran the 537, kept it for a spare. I have the marine power 340hp motor and have filled the lockers with water bags. The weight is significant and the 1235 was flawless. At 6000 feet I also got 41 or 42mph out of the 1235 as well. I have a dorsey trailer, no fit problems. The 1235 looks like it will be a tight fit, I like the addition of spacers on the bunks mentioned above.
                          Last edited by bigskymudflaps; 03-19-2012, 03:38 AM.
                          2007 RZ2 Marine power 340hp Custom ballast
                          Tundra Crewmax 5.7L

Comment

x3. If you need the space, add some spacers to the bunks.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

That's a little closer than we would feel comfortable with you running a 1235. A 1433 is will offer essentially identical performance though, and is only .25" closer to the trailer than your 537.
                              WakeMAKERS.com | WakePROPS.com

Comment

Working...
                              X