No announcement yet.

Tige 22VE custom rear bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You removed the factory hard tanks, correct?

The plumbing going to and from those now removed factory hard tanks, is now going to the soft sacs, Correct.

Finish the ballast, launch the boat, and then let me know if theres a draining issue we need to tackle.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      You removed the factory hard tanks, correct?

The plumbing going to and from those now removed factory hard tanks, is now going to the soft sacs, Correct.

Finish the ballast, launch the boat, and then let me know if theres a draining issue we need to tackle.
      All the factory plumbing has been removed completely for the rear tanks. Okay I will finish the install as is. Should I still install a check valve in the vent line before I button this all up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Id roll as is and see how it drains. If a significant amount of water is left and the drain pump stops drawing, then on the next fill/drain cycle, pull the vent fitting off the sac and put your thumb over it. This will make the sac suck down on itself like a check valve would. If the amount of water drained improves, we need to get you a couple check valves.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

@chpthril Mike
          Can you elaborate what you mean by your comment putting pressure on what fitting?

We've added a thru-hull fitting to a sac before. However, you have to make sure its in a spot where nothing is is going to put any pressure on, even the weight of the bag. With the shape of the sac and the battery/TAPS boxes gone, id worry about the sac resting on the fitting.

Comment

Mines a different set up as I didn't remove my hard tanks. If I was to do this again, I probably would but, have everything on dual fill/empty still.

I just wanted to post a picture so you could see the drains on mine. Again, I had Mike add 2 extra drain ports. The third was going to be for a cross over to the startboard side sac to transfer. I just never ended up doing it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just a note of clarification. The 06-08 had above floor hard tanks that ran across the transom. This pushed the batteries and TAPS motor into the locker, resulting in this structure consuming part of the locker. See pic. The sacs is designed to step up and over this structure, allowing the structure to stay, while maximizing the remaining space for ballast.

In 09, Tige put the hard tanks below the floor, leaving an open rectangle locker. See pic

With the aerator fill and drain pumps plumbing being relocated from the removed hard tank to the sac, the thoughts are how well is the aerator going to drain the sac being connected to the forward end of the sac.

thumb_1719_640_480_0_0_auto.jpg

thumb_1611_640_480_0_0_auto.jpg

Comment

Mike
                I removed my hard tanks in my 08 RZ2 and installed custom bags but using the factory aerators for now.

Comment

Originally posted by JWehrheim View Post
                  Mike
                  I removed my hard tanks in my 08 RZ2 and installed custom bags but using the factory aerators for now.
                  Do you have pictures of the setup?

Comment

Mike
                    Yes, John, I remember giving you a full refund on my custom sacs because you didnt like that I designed the STNB side to extend past the cooler for those that remove the cooler for a little extra weight, rather then give me time to just make you a one-off STBD custom that was 18" shorter.

So what is your point in telling me that you are using sacs from someone else, with aerators?

Comment

Any testing updates Adam?

Comment

Sadly I’m up in the northeast still alittle cold. But everything is hooked up and ready for testing. It’s going to be about 2 weeks. I’m off to Florida for a week or so with the fam. But I’ll keep you updated.

Comment

Well they filled and drained!! Very minimal water left in the sacs, about 10-15mins I’d say to fill and empty but I didn’t time it. It all worked better than I would have thought. Only issue is where the empty pump sits on the Port side it gets pushed against the wall pretty good so it took a min to purge the air out and get the water moving.

Comment

Working...
                          X