Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 22VE custom rear bags

Hi

Has anyone plumbed in there custom bags from MLA for a 22VE that has the stock ballast? If so since the only drains for the bag are in the front how much water was left in the sacs after draining? Also how did you run the plumbing and pump placement for draining? I have run all my the fill and vent lines currently in my boat just debating the empty side of things.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have the 06-08 sacs for boats with the factory hard tanks across the transom?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Sounds like you have the 06-08 sacs for boats with the factory hard tanks across the transom?
      Correct.

Comment

What type of pump are you looking to use, to drain this sac? I suggest a reversible impeller pump for filling/draining these sacs when looking to plumb them in. Since the actually suck water they do much better then aerator live well pumps.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you need a faster response, text me. Other wise, keep the thread going so others get the info and its archived.

Comment

I just bought all the pumps, hoses and bags from you (bags I bought last year). Was looking for other peoples experiences with these bags. I guess I’ll be needing to get different bags since I’m using aerator pumps. I guess I was mistaken when I bought it all.

Comment

Adam?

Comment

Adam?
                Yes, I ran the drain pumps to the front of the bag. Just didn’t have enough hose for one sac. Just want to make sure I’m not wasting my time if it won’t drain enough of the water out….

Last edited by adsprog03; 04-18-2022, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Ill be honest, I do not know how well this scenario is going to drain. Aerator pumps do better at pushing water, then sucking it. We may need to put check valves in the vent lines to get the raisin effect, to help squeeze the water toward the outlet.

Comment

I have Mike's MLA bag on my port side in my 09VE which has the 250lbs rear hard tanks on either side. I Installed new dual fill/empty lines on aerators to the bag and left the OEM lines running to and out of the hard tank independently.

Did you change the design Mike? I know I added an extra fill & empty port but, my drains are on the back side of the bag. I notched the bag wall so the empty lines and pumps sit behind the back wall where the batteries are.

Comment

Ill be honest, I do not know how well this scenario is going to drain. Aerator pumps do better at pushing water, then sucking it. We may need to put check valves in the vent lines to get the raisin effect, to help squeeze the water toward the outlet.
                      How hard would it be to add the drain lines to the back of the bag?

Comment

Originally posted by adsprog03 View Post

How hard would it be to add the drain lines to the back of the bag?

We've added a thru-hull fitting to a sac before. However, you have to make sure its in a spot where nothing is is going to put any pressure on, even the weight of the bag. With the shape of the sac and the battery/TAPS boxes gone, id worry about the sac resting on the fitting.

Comment

We've added a thru-hull fitting to a sac before. However, you have to make sure its in a spot where nothing is is going to put any pressure on, even the weight of the bag. With the shape of the sac and the battery/TAPS boxes gone, id worry about the sac resting on the fitting.
                          I didn’t change the rear compartment walls there are still the bumps for where the batteries and taps pump should be. I just moved them since I plan on upgrading the bags and building new walls in the compartment. I just didn’t know these bags the way they were made are only for reversible pumps, even though you sold me all the pumps and hoses knowing what my set up was. Idk I guess I’ll just have to manually fill them again this year until I upgrade? Is there no good solution?

Comment

I just didn’t know these bags the way they were made are only for reversible pumps
                            This is not true, and I think you may have misunderstood a post in your facebook thread from last weekend.

I never intended for this sac to be plumbed into the factory plumbing and factory transom hard tanks. This is why there is no fitting on that end of the sacs thats close to the hard tank. Filling would be painfully slow and draining would be very problematic.

The concept for plumbing these sacs in, is to leave the factory plumbing and tanks as is, and give these sacs their own pumps and plumbing. In this scenario, we treat them as if there is not ballast plumbing, in which I would suggest reversible.

By removing the hard tanks, and repurposing the factory ballast plumbing to the sacs, youve created a scenario not planned for.

Have you had this boat in the water to see how it drains?

Comment

This is not true, and I think you may have misunderstood a post in your facebook thread from last weekend.

I never intended for this sac to be plumbed into the factory plumbing and factory transom hard tanks. This is why there is no fitting on that end of the sacs thats close to the hard tank. Filling would be painfully slow and draining would be very problematic.

The concept for plumbing these sacs in, is to leave the factory plumbing and tanks as is, and give these sacs their own pumps and plumbing. In this scenario, we treat them as if there is not ballast plumbing, in which I would suggest reversible.

By removing the hard tanks, and repurposing the factory ballast plumbing to the sacs, youve created a scenario not planned for.

Have you had this boat in the water to see how it drains?
                              I am not using the factory plumbing. It has true thru hulls. It has 2 new intake pumps that you provided and 2 not installed yet drain pumps that you provided all updated plumbing to 1in diameter. Nothing about this system is stock besides the vent thru hull fitting every other inch of this build is custom. No factory plumbing is being used for the rear bags. I think we are both mistaken. So in a world where I am going to use the aerator pumps is it possible to use them with these sacs?

Comment

Working...
                              X