No announcement yet.

16' R22 w/ taps3, xl ballast goofy side wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the swivel brackets and have installed to the transom in the same way the later surf systems were done. Everything works perfectly on our first outing. I can feel the boat release and grab when "switching" from side to side. The goofy side wave is back and very similar to the other side. This is how it should have been from the start IMO.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Sordi View Post
      Finally got the swivel brackets and have installed to the transom in the same way the later surf systems were done. Everything works perfectly on our first outing. I can feel the boat release and grab when "switching" from side to side. The goofy side wave is back and very similar to the other side. This is how it should have been from the start IMO.
      Glad you got it to where it needs to be!! Now it's time for a summer of fun and shredding with the family!!

Not every boat with swim platform geometry would bind up. I'm assuming that your are second owner of boat. Previous owner probably never surfed goofy. Point being is most dealers who were on top of it knew this was a potential when people had surf complaints. Surprised it took so long for this to crop up on your boat.
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 05-13-2022, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

Glad you got it to where it needs to be!! Now it's time for a summer of fun and shredding with the family!!

Not every boat with swim platform geometry would bind up. I'm assuming that your are second owner of boat. Previous owner probably never surfed goofy. Point being is most dealers who were on top of it knew this was a potential when people had surf complaints. Surprised it took so long for this to crop up on your boat.

Yes, second owner and yes, previous owner probably never surfed goofy side. Although, I was able to get both sides to bind out of the water in demo mode with just a little hand pressure like you said. My dealer became a Tige dealer a year after this boat year so they didn't have much problems as the issue was likely fixed by then.

I did see a boat in for service which had the hinge blocks you were explaining on a Z3. Both of them were broken so the issue probably resurfaced after some fatigue.

Simply moving the swim platform mounting point would also work I believe which I was ready to do if I wouldn't have received the brackets. This is a much better solution though IMO.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by John Sordi View Post

Yes, second owner and yes, previous owner probably never surfed goofy side. Although, I was able to get both sides to bind out of the water in demo mode with just a little hand pressure like you said. My dealer became a Tige dealer a year after this boat year so they didn't have much problems as the issue was likely fixed by then.

I did see a boat in for service which had the hinge blocks you were explaining on a Z3. Both of them were broken so the issue probably resurfaced after some fatigue.

Simply moving the swim platform mounting point would also work I believe which I was ready to do if I wouldn't have received the brackets. This is a much better solution though IMO.

Thanks for your help.
          There was even an interim version where the transom location was a bit different and the swivel assemblies were different. You have the final version. Retrofitted a lot of these at my old dealer. Happy and safe boating!!

Comment

Working...
          X