No announcement yet.

2020 22rzx ballast hose problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A salesman told me there have been a hand full of centurion with ram fill tanks fail and sink in the early days…….not sure if it true or not, but seems feasible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The hoses are too long. I have a 2020 RZX 3 and was having issue entire our last ride of last summer when i got the head engineer at tige on the line. They crossed the ballst lines which caused them to pinch both sides. Apparently Tige hired someone new to work on the 2020's and alot of have had the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bwilkrzx3 View Post
        The hoses are too long. I have a 2020 RZX 3 and was having issue entire our last ride of last summer when i got the head engineer at tige on the line. They crossed the ballst lines which caused them to pinch both sides. Apparently Tige hired someone new to work on the 2020's and alot of have had the issue.
        My ballast is draining on my 2020 r23 and I can't find a leak. Not sure the next move but it's not encouraging to find out they are saying a new untrained person is the reason for quality issues on 2020 models.

This is my second summer and it just started happening so that's what puzzles me.

Comment

Originally posted by maxrider View Post
          G boats have tanks in the floor if I'm not mistaken, I know for a fact the Centurion Ram fill tanks are hard tanks. I can see pros and cons but a proper made tank would last a lifetime. Bottom line its a cheaper design and the reason they use bags.
          No molded tanks in Centurions or MBs. They simply use the dead space between the stringer and gunnels and below the deck/top cap for water storage. Head on down to Merced and check the facts. No tanks in Centurion. Just sealed cavities with bags on top....along with MBs

Comment

Originally posted by txtige View Post

My ballast is draining on my 2020 r23 and I can't find a leak. Not sure the next move but it's not encouraging to find out they are saying a new untrained person is the reason for quality issues on 2020 models.

This is my second summer and it just started happening so that's what puzzles me.
            Sounds like passive draining/siphoning thru the vents. What has you saying it's draining?? Are you seeing water come out the rear corners while surfing?? Are you opening your lockers and finding PnP bags empty??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

Sounds like passive draining/siphoning thru the vents. What has you saying it's draining?? Are you seeing water come out the rear corners while surfing?? Are you opening your lockers and finding PnP bags empty??
              yes opening the locker and the bag being almost empty. Also seeing the bilge come on when surfing some. How do you check for passive draining/siphoning?

I'm still looking for bags leaking but again nothing is obvious when i look in the locker.

Comment

Originally posted by txtige View Post

yes opening the locker and the bag being almost empty. Also seeing the bilge come on when surfing some. How do you check for passive draining/siphoning?

I'm still looking for bags leaking but again nothing is obvious when i look in the locker.
                A leak will put the water into the bilge. Passive draining puts the water back into the lake through either the fill lime, drain line or the vent line, or a combo of all of them..
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthril...I opened up the floor in my R23 and then had cut the opening too large so the screw going thru the floor cover was just sticking out perfectly for the bag to rub up against it. The other thing was that I pulled the other one side out and the same screw on the opposite side was shorter which doesn't have a hole in it.

long story short they cut the opening too wide and didn't have a place to screw into so the screw just punched a hole in the subfloor bag. so not a good thing..

I patched it but now i have to contact dealer which is 3 hours a way to file a warranty claim...

Comment

Working...
                  X