2020 22rzx ballast hose problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 22rzx ballast hose problem

Hey all, just bought a 2020 22rzx. We have put about 30 hours on it and bought it with around 10. I just noticed the aft port ballast hose was leaking water right above the plug and play. Looked at it better and there were 5 punctured holes in the hose. above the hose were a few screws sticking out. And possibly a few other metal pieces that could’ve punctured it. Is this a normal problem? Is something missing that should be protecting the hose? Do some wakemaker hoses have punctures already or did it happen because of use? How easy is this to fix? Thanks

ya the hoses above plug n play. I was thinking maybe when the bag is full it pushes the hose up into the screws. All I care about is when I replace them I don’t want it happening again. Thanks will do. To replace top hose can I access it or should I bring to a dealer.

Comment

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll get them tomorrow

Comment

And ya that’s why we got electrical tape for now. Lol

Comment

I don't know why they still use bags for the sub floor. ( Well i do it is cheaper) Only thing I do not like about my boat is the sub floor ballast are bags. Kind of sad for a 140K boat to use such a cheesy design.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK
              I'd rather fix a bad bag than a bad tank. Many reasons why a bag is better than a tank. Can't think of any why a tank would be better.
              A cracked tank is easier to replace than a leaky bag…….devilish…..lol

I can’t image what must be done to get tanks out? Separate the deck from the hull?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by maxrider View Post
                I don't know why they still use bags for the sub floor. ( Well i do it is cheaper) Only thing I do not like about my boat is the sub floor ballast are bags. Kind of sad for a 140K boat to use such a cheesy design.
                Because you would have to take the boat apart to separate the cap from the hull, in order to replace a failed hard tank. So yes, you are correct, sacs are the cheaper route
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The tape is covering the holes and the holes are about halfway. That was a quick lake fix now we have strong tape around. On the other side of the hoses there are a few screws sticking out but not sure how it would reach it enough to puncture hose
                  Attached Files

Comment

Why can't they mold the tanks into the boat during production? I love my Tige' boat but the way the ballast is on these boats are not what I would call quality.

Comment

So I guess a G25 Paragon is out of the question for low quality?

So when you say "mold the tank into the boat" you mean leave a cavity and have it fill and drain as a tank/sac? Still run the risk of a port failure. if this happens, the fix might be an new boat, as now the "hull" has failed. Besides, im not sure on the longevity of water in something thats not a polly hard tank or heavy vinyl bladder.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

G boats have tanks in the floor if I'm not mistaken, I know for a fact the Centurion Ram fill tanks are hard tanks. I can see pros and cons but a proper made tank would last a lifetime. Bottom line its a cheaper design and the reason they use bags.

Comment

G boats have 3 soft sacs and if the hard tank on a Centurion fails, and they have, you have to separate the deck cap from the hull to repair. I also think the Malibu M series has sub-floor sacs, but not 100% sure of that.
                          Last edited by chpthril; 07-10-2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

The sacs really don't bother me. The installation is what Tige' is dropping the ball on. I have had one of my sub floor hoses come off already. And had to shorten the hoses for the plug n play bags.

Comment

I dont disagree on the hose point. Hose routing and length is the leading cause of fitting failures. We've been addressing it for years. I was just commenting on the correlation made between tanks and perceived quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X