Controlling the surf Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
    SONIC is a daggum warlock. We should burn him at the stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    HA!
    I wish, there's a lot more I want to do with that controller but I haven't found the time. Some of the newer guys over there are working on it now though wanting to add ballast control like autowake to automagically maintain pitch and roll etc.

Adding a launch mode to your existing setup would be fairly simple, it just wouldnt integrate with the screen so you'd have to be careful not to use both and confuse the tige touch.

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post

HA!
      I wish, there's a lot more I want to do with that controller but I haven't found the time. Some of the newer guys over there are working on it now though wanting to add ballast control like autowake to automagically maintain pitch and roll etc.

Adding a launch mode to your existing setup would be fairly simple, it just wouldnt integrate with the screen so you'd have to be careful not to use both and confuse the tige touch.
      I’m obviously messing around, but I’m super impressed again bro! I’m still in the process of reading the 32 pages of info, and trying to comprehend some of the programming side of those things, which is definitely where I don’t excel, but it seems like I can get it figured out.

That was my exact thought. As long as I don’t hit the button while surfing, I don’t see any potential issues. I’m planning on doing some playing with it, after I finish reading all the info at wake garage, especially since it looks like our lake year is going to suck from a lack of water, this year. Wake Garage is super awesome, but man it could use some help in the “user friendly” department, unless it’s just me not spending enough time on there to learn it all.

Comment

I’m obviously messing around, but I’m super impressed again bro! I’m still in the process of reading the 32 pages of info, and trying to comprehend some of the programming side of those things, which is definitely where I don’t excel, but it seems like I can get it figured out.

That was my exact thought. As long as I don’t hit the button while surfing, I don’t see any potential issues. I’m planning on doing some playing with it, after I finish reading all the info at wake garage, especially since it looks like our lake year is going to suck from a lack of water, this year. Wake Garage is super awesome, but man it could use some help in the “user friendly” department, unless it’s just me not spending enough time on there to learn it all.

I'm not a programmer either, I just wasn't going to fork over the cash for a GSA system when I can make it for next to nothing. (of course then I went and spent all that money on a new supra haha)

Lots and lots of trial and error and my code is less than elegant but it works well and lots of people are running it trouble free these days.

Comment

I'm not a programmer either, I just wasn't going to fork over the cash for a GSA system when I can make it for next to nothing. (of course then I went and spent all that money on a new supra haha)

Lots and lots of trial and error and my code is less than elegant but it works well and lots of people are running it trouble free these days.
          Haha!! I guess I hadn’t even seen that you bought a Supra, yet. How you liking it? I’ve considered making the jump to a Supra, but I’d be in the same situation for dealer support. My only real option is switching to Nautique, as far as dealer support, so I’m just going to keep our boat for a few more years, then figure it out.

You obviously are capable of figuring out some kind of programming, if you got that far. I’m pretty decent with most hands on stuff, but I get lost in the computer stuff. I keep thinking if I could have a switch to make the surf tabs mimic the center plate, as a launch feature, that would do the trick, but maybe I’d be better off using something like your Ardiuno setup, and having it timer or speed based.

Comment

Haha!! I guess I hadn’t even seen that you bought a Supra, yet. How you liking it? I’ve considered making the jump to a Supra, but I’d be in the same situation for dealer support. My only real option is switching to Nautique, as far as dealer support, so I’m just going to keep our boat for a few more years, then figure it out.

You obviously are capable of figuring out some kind of programming, if you got that far. I’m pretty decent with most hands on stuff, but I get lost in the computer stuff. I keep thinking if I could have a switch to make the surf tabs mimic the center plate, as a launch feature, that would do the trick, but maybe I’d be better off using something like your Ardiuno setup, and having it timer or speed based.

I love my '20 SA.
            My closest dealer is about 2 hours away so I've done everything myself that's been needed and have them send me parts. (little stuff, but hey if I'm going to pay these prices they can stand by their warranty and I'll take advantage of every single little thing I can, that's the price they pay for charging lamborghini prices, you get lamborghini difficult customers lol)

Comment

I love my '20 SA.
              My closest dealer is about 2 hours away so I've done everything myself that's been needed and have them send me parts. (little stuff, but hey if I'm going to pay these prices they can stand by their warranty and I'll take advantage of every single little thing I can, that's the price they pay for charging lamborghini prices, you get lamborghini difficult customers lol)
              I think the newest one I’ve been on is a 16, and he can’t get a decent wave out of it, but I’ve been wanting to get out on one of the new ones to check it out. That’s how far our dealer is, but they’re over the Sierras and a giant PIA, so it’s normally about 500 miles of mountain roads to get to them, drop off, and make a return trip for pickup. It isn’t worth it for horrible customer service, maybe if they were a great dealer. I’ll have some decisions to make, once I wear this one out. Plus it doesn’t really matter much, because our lake are all going to be bowls of dry dirt, by mid summer this year, anyways. Gonna have to get creative for lake time!!

Comment

Working...
              X