Controlling the surf Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling the surf Tabs

Is it possible to control the outside tabs on a 2021 rzx23? I see where I can control the center tab but not the outside ones. Am I missing something?

The answer is yes, the Go-Surf, or whatever its call these days, is fully controllable. Even has on the fly side switching.

Did your dealer not give you a sea trial on your boat?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm not quite comprehending the question lol

They cannot be used as trim tabs manually if that's what you're asking? They are surf tabs.

Comment

Yes that’s what I’m asking can they be used independently like the center tab. I understand the switching sides ect. But you can’t set them say 70% ect like other boats I have seen.

Comment

They should work independently of each other, as only one side, the non-surf side, is deployed at a time. This is mostly how the surf wave is formed. As Sonic pointed out, they are not a trim tab like on an offshore boat, so they will no deploy above a preset speed.

Unless something changed with a 2021, I was under the impression that the deployed tab could be set to desired position between retracted and 100% deployed, as opposed to either retracted or fully deployed as the only positions.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I actually was thinking about that, when installing my GSA tabs, it would be nice if there was a launch feature, like GSA has, where both tabs could deploy down, to get on plane. Be really nice for wakeboarding, especially. I may come up with some switches or buttons to do that this winter. Or maybe GSA would like to offer an aftermarket controller, to make it work, for anyone using their tabs with stock actuator control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
              I actually was thinking about that, when installing my GSA tabs, it would be nice if there was a launch feature, like GSA has, where both tabs could deploy down, to get on plane. Be really nice for wakeboarding, especially. I may come up with some switches or buttons to do that this winter. Or maybe GSA would like to offer an aftermarket controller, to make it work, for anyone using their tabs with stock actuator control.

I thought that the tige tough II and TAPS-3 had a launch feature using the center TAPS plate?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

I thought that the tige tough II and TAPS-3 had a launch feature using the center TAPS plate?
                That might be part of auto-taps, or something I don’t know about, but it seems like if all 3 plates worked together for launch, it would make a bigger difference. I think the GSA launch is supposed to save like 6 seconds to plane, on average, or something to that effect.

Comment

Chpthril and Zack aren’t familiar with the new GSA tabs. Using quick launch on the tt you can deploy both tabs until you get to your desired speed with full ballast, this will completely lift the back end of the boat as if it’s empty.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                    Chpthril and Zack aren’t familiar with the new GSA tabs. Using quick launch on the tt you can deploy both tabs until you get to your desired speed with full ballast, this will completely lift the back end of the boat as if it’s empty.
                    So is this something I don’t know about, or something on the newer screens? Guessing it’s the newer screens. That would be real handy.

Comment

Yes on the 2020 or newer. Taps 3 had a hook in it so you can’t use it for launch mode.

Comment

Didn’t even know it was a thing, but I wish I had it.. guessing that’s with the Bennetts, also. I was thinking of a way you could push a button, and the GSAs would mimic the center tab, for launch, then just go back to stowed, when you pushed the button off, or at a preset speed, or whatever. Doesn’t seem like it would even have to be all that complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
                          Didn’t even know it was a thing, but I wish I had it.. guessing that’s with the Bennetts, also. I was thinking of a way you could push a button, and the GSAs would mimic the center tab, for launch, then just go back to stowed, when you pushed the button off, or at a preset speed, or whatever. Doesn’t seem like it would even have to be all that complex.

Sonic and some other guys have a thread over on wakegarage if you want to explore this. It's called Arduino. Program it yourself at home....has lots of other applications as well.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

Sonic and some other guys have a thread over on wakegarage if you want to explore this. It's called Arduino. Program it yourself at home....has lots of other applications as well.
                            You have piqued my interest amigo!! Gonna check it out right now.

Comment

SONIC is a daggum warlock. We should burn him at the stake.

Comment

Working...
                              X