No announcement yet.

Factory ballast setup for 16 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is just a generic description of the offerings wakemakers has for tige. Some replace factory bags and some go on top. In your case the only option you have for the rzx is to add the additional pnp bags on top and plumb them in to the existing sub floor.

Comment

Or is he saying that Wakemakers now offers a sub floor and PNP combination bag where the floor board is removed? That would be interesting. I'd sure like to get of the extra PNP hoses.

Comment

That is how he explained it to me, they make bigger subfloor bag that replaces the old bag by also removing the floor panel

Comment

On the surface, I do not see the advantage of remove the sub-floor rectangle sac in favor of an L shaped sac that requires the floor access to be left out. IIRC, the access opening is not as wide as the sub-floor cavity. If so, this creates a choke point for the sac. Could lead to a sac failure. If the boat does not have the optional PnP plumbing, you would still need to address this, either way.

Still a bit cloudy though. That boat does not have a hard tank and a hidden soft sac. It would have come with a sub-floor soft sac. The PnP was an option, so even if it was built with the PnP plumbing from the factory, the sacs were sourced at the dealer level or by the end consumer. There was no OEM PnP sac. Even then, it was not hidden but on the locker floor.

With that said, the original ASR ballast did have optional extra ballast that was above the floor in the rear, but it was walled off and not visible.

Seems like you could come out better with a custom above floor sac and replicate the OEM PnP plumbing.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I am ordering 2 full ballast pump wiring harnesses, pumps and switches, along with wakemaker bags. So factory ballast on touch2 and the wakemaker bags on their own dedicated timer switches mounted somewhere neat. Finally got ahold of a wakemaker employee who knew his stuff. Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

Comment

Well, heck, you had hold of a tige ballast expert right here for 3 days!
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

LOL, I appreciate you for sure. The EXPERT from WAKEMAKERS had me confused though. Since we have that out of the way, any idea where I can get a hold of the small cover for the small round LED on the bottom of the wake tower, one is missing and I also need bolt handles for the tower, one is stripped pretty bad. Boat has 200 hrs and it drives me nuts how people don not take care of the smallest of details on these nice boats.

Comment

Originally posted by rmorrow View Post
                  LOL, I appreciate you for sure. The EXPERT from WAKEMAKERS had me confused though. Since we have that out of the way, any idea where I can get a hold of the small cover for the small round LED on the bottom of the wake tower, one is missing and I also need bolt handles for the tower, one is stripped pretty bad. Boat has 200 hrs and it drives me nuts how people don not take care of the smallest of details on these nice boats.
                  Did you ever find a cover for the LED on the bottom of the wake tower? I have a 2017 RZX2 and need the same cover

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    I also believe it was an option in 2016, as we've built a conversion for one.
                    chpthril, My 2016 RZX didn't come with PNP either according to my dealer. You said you built a conversion for one. Do you sell the kit or can my dealer add PNP for me? I'd like to get a couple custom made 300LB bags for each rear locker. I don't want to lose all of my storage back there. Thanks for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by Duneit View Post

chpthril, My 2016 RZX didn't come with PNP either according to my dealer. You said you built a conversion for one. Do you sell the kit or can my dealer add PNP for me? I'd like to get a couple custom made 300LB bags for each rear locker. I don't want to lose all of my storage back there. Thanks for any help!
                      chpthril

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just so he was notified that he was tagged in this old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X