Factory ballast setup for 16 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory ballast setup for 16 RZX

So, what are people running the taps at with the factory 3k ballast weight? Do I need to add extra bags, if so how hard is it without having extra lines already ran to add on top of the factory ballast?

Here’s the setup already mentioned the settings will be pretty similar, without pnp you might just run taps a bit higher. https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...52428-2016-rzx

Are you sure your boat didn’t come with pnp? Lots of the time the lines are tucked away and hidden.

Comment

IIRC 2016 it was an option for PnP plumbing. I would check to see if your boat is equipped with that option. If so, just buy the bags from Wakemakers. Wakemakers are making them for the factory anyway. They are 560 each side.

If you boat isn't equipped with the plumbing, I would look at added plumbing or adding lead or spare bags. The standard subfloor isn't enough for that boat.

Comment

I was shocked to notice it was not plumbed, I was under the impression all the RZX, especially for the year model are at least plumbed. If they are hidden they are tucked somewhere I couldn't see them, do they stuff them away somewhere? I can see one line in the front and one in the back in the stock bag. How big are the factory bags in the rear?

Comment

I also believe it was an option in 2016, as we've built a conversion for one.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Factory sub-floor bags are 1100lbs each side I believe. The PnP are another 560lbs each side.

Comment

post a picture of your rear locker. the pop bags have 4 ports. I believe two are capped and the other two connected together. The WakeMAKERS kit comes with a small hose extension to add on.

Comment

for sure, as soon as I get home I will shoot a pic of the inside of the box. Thank you guys so much for your help.

Comment

Comment

Looks like you're missing the pnp lines. Going to need to add lines to the existing system. Im sure chpthrill(above) or WakeMAKERS can get you setup. How big is your crew? I'm a firm believer you can very easily have too much weight in an rzx, might be able to get away with some lead.

Comment

2 adults- 340lbs total
                      3 kids- right under 200lbs
                      Wakemakers has a factory replacement bag at 560lbs, what size is the bags in the back, maybe just upgrading the stock bags and a little lead?

Comment

Ok I just got off the phone with Wakemakers. He said there is ballast hard tank in the floor, also the small ballast bag above that and below the removable tray, he thinks it might be 300-350lb bag. I can buy the 560 bag to replace that factory bag that would sit on the hard tank and fill the locker, removing the tray in the floor. Does that sound right? He was aware it did not have the PnP lines ran.

Comment

Well I hate to say it but wakemakers is a little confused.

You currently have four large bags spanning underneath the floor of your bench seats. I don’t know the exact numbers but I would say 1000 in the rear and 500 in the forward portion to give 3000. You can unscrew the panels and stick your head in to see for yourself. You cannot upgrade these to be any bigger they already fill the entire space.

Calling it a factory replacement isn’t really the proper wording which can be very confusing. It’s more so to go in the rear lockers as a factory addition or factory option.

Comment

The description on the bags from WAKEMAKERS says it replaces the factory bags for my year model boat. He said you remove the floor lid and it replaces the place of old bag and fills the storage compartment when full with the lid permanently removed. Maybe go on wakemakers and check the description and see if it makes sense to you?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X