2016 RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 RZX

I am a new Tige' owner, I came from a Malibu 22MXZ. So new to taps and the idea of listing and tap settings. Any help on setting up and ballast would be so great, it has the stock ballast, I plan on adding the 500lb plug n play to each rear corner this off season. We surf goofy for the most part, but many times we have friends out who are regular. For ease can I fill the ballast all full for goofy/regular switching ease? If so, what are good taps settings? Thank you in advance!

So new to taps and the idea of listing
    No TAPS-3 on a 2016?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes Taps 3

Comment

Ok, then it would be treated much like your previous surfgate MXZ. Mostly evenly weighted in the aft, not heavily listed.

Whats the weight of the rear PnP sac? They would be aftermarket on a 2016, so they could range from 400 to 900 lbs.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The 500pnp like you mentioned will be perfect in the rear. I understand what you’re getting at saying running listed with the tabs vs the Malibu surf gate.
          I would start at 4/4 on both surf and taps. Higher taps is steeper wave. 11.4 is a good start for speed. For ballast I would go 100% all around and go to 80% on non surf side rear. If you add lead in the future load up the bow and put a bit in the surf locker on the surf side.

Comment

560s from wake-makers in each year locker. So 4,120lbs total

Comment

Fill rear (w/ PnP) 100%, fill front ballast to 40%, TAPS3 on 4 and Center plate at 4. Speed around 11.2 and adjust from there.

Comment

Ok, I really did not even realize RZX had an option without plug n play! Wake makers only sales the replacement 560 bag, any help on adding plug n play on top of factory ballast bags set up and how to do it?

Comment

If there is no plug-n-play plumbing in then boat, then there cant be a plug-n-play ballast. The very deffinition of PnP is there is plumbing to connect a sac to, then you go surf.

Think of a diesel engine tune you buy, plug up a dongle, it downloads to the PCM, then off the track you go with extra HP. Thats plug-n-play, compared to someone having to write the program, or build the ballast plumbing for you, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                  X