'97 PRE 2050WT parts wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJRiver View Post
    Hey Mike, you I have the same boat, same year. Interesting that Tig'e changed the swimstep mounting system mid year. If people are having weld cracks, I guess I can see why.

Hope to see you on the water one of these days!
    I ordered mine in FEB. 1997 and took delivery in March 1997. I guess they changed it somewhere in there? I never knew that. Mine isn't aluminum it is some kind of chromed metal. Stainless?

You should come to the cold Water Reunion at Mead in Sept.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I got tired of waiting for the boat to be delivered, so I went and got it!...boy did I buy a project! Laundry list of repairs.

There are three platform mounting locations. No brackets. Each location has 4 holes. Previous owner mixed up a batch of gelcoat and filled in the holes for the bennett actuators and platform mounts? From the spacing of the holes it must be more like Mike's brackets. The removable mounts look much shorter?

Can anyone give me a part number on the bennet actuators? I found some online, but need retracted length and stroke length.

Mike, do you have a close up photos of the TAPS plate and some overall dimensions?

Will stop hounding you soon!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TJRiver View Post
        I have a 97 PRE 2150. The swimstep brackets look like Dogbert's. They are stupid beefy.

If you can wait a few weeks (and if I remember) I will drag a tape measure out to storage and see if I can get you some dimensions & pics. No guarantees mind you......

Let me see what I can do.

Hey Dog, are those LEDs above your FAE system?
        I can definately wait...lakes are still frozen here! Your brackets might be more like what mine are supposed to be. I have lots of other stuff to take care of in the meantime. Thanks!

Comment

No problem at all, hound away. I have all these pictures from when I was adding my Fresh Air Exhaust. The funny thing is I don't think I took any pictures after I completed the install.

If you needed the images in full resolution send me a PM with your email address and I'll send them to you. I hope these will help. I can't give you measurements, my boat is stored out of state.
          Attached Files

Comment

Priced out the teak...$1000 ! I am now looking for a used platform. Found a few different ones, but they may be modified to work.

Comment

Bought a used swim platform off ski-it-again.com Not a bad site. Heavy animal to ship to Canada though! Almost as much to ship as I paid for it.

Looks like I have found pretty much everything with the exception of the dimensions of the TAPS plate. Once the cylinders arrive, it should be easy to figure it out.

Believe it or not, I got my interior redone in 4 days and it looks nice! A little easier to get things done than it used to be due to the economy.

Comment

Hey where did you get your vinyl done at? im in Calgary as well and we have a 96 pre2000wt in decent shape other than the vinyl. We got quoted a few different prices but all over 3k. Found a lady that would do it for cheaper (never gave us a price) but was too busy at the time. Thanks

Got any pics to share?

Comment

I got it done a DeGreeves Auto Upholstery. Was under $3K, but I removed the interior myself and they only had to replace the ski locker wood. I went with all white because it was cheaper than multi color. Took only 30 minutes to pull the interior out, but I have a closed bow....less pieces. All other quotes I received were $5-$7K for the same job. I am happy with the end product.

www.degreeve.ca
                  Phone: 403-245-1955
                  Fax: 403-245-1943
                  Email: degreeve@telus.net

I dealt with Darryl the owner. I do not have the interior back in yet, but here are a few pics of some pieces.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice work!
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Bought her Father's day four years ago. The seller was from Temecula.

Comment

Originally posted by 426er View Post
                          I can definately wait...lakes are still frozen here! Your brackets might be more like what mine are supposed to be. I have lots of other stuff to take care of in the meantime. Thanks!
                          Well, still have not been to get the measurements...... We went to the River/desert in our RV for the kid's Spring Break, but a bit early for the boat.

Comment

No worries. I ended up buying a used platform on line. Made it fit. The TAPS system is all sorted out as well now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X