'97 PRE 2050WT parts wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'97 PRE 2050WT parts wanted

Looking for a teak swim platform, TAPS wake plate and TAPS actuators for a '97 PRE 2050WT. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I have the TAPS gauge, but everything off the transom is gone. Boat was likely repo'd and these items were removed to fit in a garage.

The TAPS stuff I would try a dealer or Tigé directly.

Do you have the brackets for the swim step?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

The boat is currently in transit to me. Was supposed to arrive today, but weather is causing issues. Not sure about the brackets, but I am guessing they are gone. I could fab up a new platform easy enough if I had dimensions and pics of the teak part and brackets. I have the dealer working on it as well, but he was not too optimistic. Thanks

Comment

Let us know what you get, when it arrives.

Comment

You bet! Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I spoke to Tige' about 4 years ago and at that point they could build the brackets for about $380. I sold my '97 boat so I cannot help you with the dimensions. I had mine built by a local welders shop for about $250.
            If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

I have full access to a machine/welding shop. Just need a picture and general dimensions for reference. I can wing it from there. I just want them to look factory. Are the platform brackets stainless steel or aluminum? Thanks

Comment

I don't have a 2050 but my 97 2150 might be the same?

Here is what mine look like. I hope that helps give you an idea.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great pictures and your brackets are in better shape than mine were. All 3 of my brackets started cracking (each one different place)in the locations circled in the pics. These are made out of aluminum.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have a '99, but a similar platform. Mine's removeable with a slightly different bracket, but same basic swimplatform design:

Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the pics. I will post a photo when I get it built.

Comment

How about some dimensions of the teak part? The dealer will let me measure up what he has but there is nothing the same vintage. You help is muchl appreciated.

Comment

I have a 97 PRE 2150. The swimstep brackets look like Dogbert's. They are stupid beefy.

If you can wait a few weeks (and if I remember) I will drag a tape measure out to storage and see if I can get you some dimensions & pics. No guarantees mind you......

Let me see what I can do.

Hey Dog, are those LEDs above your FAE system?

Comment

Hey Mike, you I have the same boat, same year. Interesting that Tig'e changed the swimstep mounting system mid year. If people are having weld cracks, I guess I can see why.

Hope to see you on the water one of these days!

Comment

TJ,
                              when did you get your boat? I just sold a boat in May that I had custom brackets built that looked similar to Dog's boat? Just wondering if you might have my old boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X