Convex VX Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
    The Ronix 8.3 wedge was much bigger than the delta. This year they switch the design to suction cups but effective edge is about the same as the wedge was in size. Dwarfs a Delta.
    https://www.wakemakers.com/eight3-bl...rf-shaper.html

Imagine you are on the right track. At least you can unbolt the working edge of the delta from the suction base to try and fabricate. Curious if you have anyone 3d printing around you that could make you a bigger one that could bolt right back on. Probably not cost effective but super cool...
    Its interesting that all the Ronix shapers have had a convex face. Delta is opposite and concave
    Yes, my brother in law is an engineer, and has a 3d printer. I am already on that. My other thought was to just sell the delta and buy the new ronix suck gate as it is huge, bigger than he can make on his 3d printer... I think the delta is perfect for a 20 or 21 ft boat, but it just isnt quite enough for me. Not terrible but not perfect either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

3d printers have their limitations. Something that will handle a lot of force cannot be made with an entry level printer. Another issue is that most build areas of home style printers are 10x10x8 or so. My kossel has about 12" of Z but only a 9" diameter build area and its a good size kossel. Better off cnc routing a new plate that bolts on. A lot less expensive and a lot less time consuming.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Still for sale?

Comment

Yes it is still for sale

Comment

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
            X