Convex VX Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convex VX Extension

Used VX Extension in white. This came off a 2013 Z3. Includes the mounting bolts and cotter pins. $400 w/ free shipping!

VX.jpgVX2.jpg
    Last edited by MikeB313; 10-10-2017, 07:02 PM.

What's the width L to R?

Comment

Widest point is 76". The mounts are 51 1/2" center to center.

Comment

Priced reduced to $400

Comment

Has anyone tried to fit one of these into an older RZ4 or RZ2?

Comment

RZ2/4 have the same 102" beam so it should work, but I would make sure to measure your swim platform to be positive.

Comment

2014 Rz2 30F05B47-3054-4DC8-B67D-E6F2950B9CF4.jpg
              And this is the angle your gonna want before you install it
              surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
                2014 Rz2 [ATTACH]47089[/ATTACH]
                And this is the angle your gonna want before you install it
                Where are your transom hooks? Straps?

Comment

The extension bolts right onto the swim platform.

Comment

Price bump- Only Pay shipping and it's yours! Rough estimate would be $100-$200 depending on distance from Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
                      Price bump- Only Pay shipping and it's yours! Rough estimate would be $100-$200 depending on distance from Minneapolis.
                      Interested. This would make it so my platform doesnt cut in the wave?

Also, Would it make it so i need a bigger prop? Hurt fuel economy? And it would stop me from getting a fresh air exhaust that hooks to the swim platform brackets i would assume... do they have an option that would work for this? I would be hooking to an 09 rz4 (which i believe is the same swim platform)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not sure if it would prevent your swim platform from cutting into the wave.

No need for bigger prop and doesn't effect fuel economy. You can still get fresh air exhaust. (See JohnnieMo's Pic above)

Comment

Just a heads up trevor, you MAY find you will need more rear weight to sink the VX on the big 24ft boat....maybe not. General consensus seem to be the bigger the boat with VX the more weight needed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
                            I'm not sure if it would prevent your swim platform from cutting into the wave.

No need for bigger prop and doesn't effect fuel economy. You can still get fresh air exhaust. (See JohnnieMo's Pic above)
                            Unfortunately this will not work for me as the swim platform will not match up. I guess I may have to cut the corners off my swim platform after all.

On another note, hopefully a bigger suck gate will help me surf completely level and get the platform the rest of the way out of the water. I only need an inch or 2. I have my brother in law to be making me a bigger "paddle" for my mission delta as I still have to list a little bit to get the wave right. Has anyone with a bigger boat had to ditch their delta for a larger surf device? If it works I will definitely post about it.

Comment

The Ronix 8.3 wedge was much bigger than the delta. This year they switch the design to suction cups but effective edge is about the same as the wedge was in size. Dwarfs a Delta.
                              https://www.wakemakers.com/eight3-bl...rf-shaper.html

Imagine you are on the right track. At least you can unbolt the working edge of the delta from the suction base to try and fabricate. Curious if you have anyone 3d printing around you that could make you a bigger one that could bolt right back on. Probably not cost effective but super cool...
                              Its interesting that all the Ronix shapers have had a convex face. Delta is opposite and concave
                              Last edited by freeheel4life; 02-26-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X