No announcement yet.

(5) 50 Pound Wake Ballast Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned previously, we will try and do a better job of communicating next year. The prizes you win are yours to do with as you please. The comment I made at the reunion, before distributing prizes this year, was something to the effect of "Last year, if you won something and you already had it, we put your name back in the hat and the prize back on the table. I don't want to do that this year. I am concerned someone will just say they have something to get an opportunity at a larger prize (laughter ensued). So, if you win something and would like to trade with someone else, we encourage you to do so." I will take full responsibility for any confusion. What you do with your prize UNSTUCK (and anyone else for that matter) is totally up to you.

Please allow me to end my input on this topic by saying this... We (the coordinators) are doing everything we can to maintain the relationships we are developing with the vendors. We appreciate their sponsorship and donations. As the reunion grows, we have to continue to work harder for more sponsors. If we appear to be over-reacting to what people are doing with their prizes, it's only out of an effort to keep the relationships positive with the vendors we work so hard to obtain. Again, if there is anyone to take the heat on this issue, LET IT BE ME. I promise to work harder on my communications next year.

Comment

Just my 2 cents, but it seems to me if UNSTUCK hadn't mentioned he won these, this thread wouldn't exist....

Now let me add I too own WB ballast bags (700lbs) and am a VERY happy customer. The bags really improved our '14 Z3 wave. We normally surf with a small crew and the extra weight is priceless!

Comment

Oooor....if some folks had not gotten all huffy that he was trying to sell something he gotten for free, this whole negative thread would be done and over with. I'm sure the people at Wake Ballast do NOT appreciate the negative turn on a public forum. Frankly, if I was sponsoring anything I would hesitate because of the beat down given. It comes across as petty.

Selling things won at raffle is a time honored tradition. Go to any 4x4 or gun forum and people are always selling something they won and don't need, want or found out was redundant.

Seriously, this type of drama/prize nazi mentality just turned me off from going next year. He won it fair and square. He tried it and it didn't work out for him and now he's looking give someone a good deal and to make a few dollars for the trouble it's going to be to package these suckers up and drop them off at the UPS store.

If you have to have a rule....and lord know we certainly need more rules....just ask people to not say where they got it if they try and sell it.

Comment

UNSTUCK, I would like to purchase all 5 bags. PM Sent.

Comment

Bakes, I came here from the 4x4 world (Easter jeep safari...talk about a raffle!!!) so that is what I was used to as well. Just takes a bit of time to learn how new "clubs" work I guess.

Dave, I'm really on the fence about even selling them now. I didn't want to cause any problems... maybe too late for that now. But I have to tell you it just is too strange that you were against the sell and now you want them. Why?

Comment

To ease hard feelings that may have been hurt in the process (unintentionally), I will end the arguments and settle it by just buying the bags. I will find a use for them in the future. There was never a problem with you selling the bags per se, it just hasn't been the practice in the past. There was no way you could have known that. You get the sell, I get more ballast, the post ends, everyone walks away happy (or at least walks away).

Comment

I think that is a win-win!!

No hard feelings, everyone is happy!

Please know this is nothing against UNSTUCK and we hold no animosity toward you we hope this doesn't sway you or anyone from attending the event in the future. With my peace made....it's Friday and I am going surfing tomorrow.
                My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Where is the surf up?
                  Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                    To ease hard feelings that may have been hurt in the process (unintentionally), I will end the arguments and settle it by just buying the bags. I will find a use for them in the future. There was never a problem with you selling the bags per se, it just hasn't been the practice in the past. There was no way you could have known that. You get the sell, I get more ballast, the post ends, everyone walks away happy (or at least walks away).
                    They may have been lots of confusion, but don't worry about me having hard feelings. And you certainetly don't need to buy them to try to fix anything. That doesn't matter much anyways though. If I decide to sell them there are several other guys in line that want them. I told them all I may not be selling them now. So they are waiting on me.

Now there may be more confusion: by your offer to buy there parts are you saying it is okay to buy/sell raffle prizes? I doubt I'm the only prize winner that has something they just don't want for whatever reason?

Comment

I am interested in the bags, but understand if someone tried to purchase them before me. As for if it's okay, its not my decision to make. The bags are yours. I can make recommendations, but who really wants to hear them? They are like.. well, you know how the saying goes.

Comment

Whoa! Im late. I wanna play. JK, Unstuck is a solid dude so ill weigh in as more of a general statement.

Unstuck I was the one who gave the transfer pump away because I didnt need it....... thanks for the appreciation although thats not why I did it.

To those drumming up drama or saying they wont attend next years event... GOOD RIDDANCE. Honestly, we will miss you but good grief. If your attendance or lack thereof is trailered to the thought of getting gifts or how that process plays out then you have missed the intent of the event all together and are better served staying home.

Although their are no rules, and its clear that you can do what you wish, Its really about courtesy and being selfless isnt it? I too come from the 4x4 off road community but I wont get into what is or isnt a tradition because people, groups and courtesy are different across the board group to group. That same 4x4 community has its fair share of winners as people... no point arguing that. Its a lose lose.

Its more about trying to bring this tight and small west coast community up as whole then it is about being petty or having guidelines for raffle winnings isnt it?

Winners, do what you want, but the way I see it, we came, ate for free, met great people and were blessed to take part in a raffle with FREE GIVEAWAYS. A raffle that you were entered in for merely being present boat or no boat, without a fee or purchase of tickets.

For me, It was more gratifying to see a fellow member I just met win something and be happy then the alternative. I would hope as a human being that in the following years that line of thought is reciprocated as it breeds nothing but positivity and happiness across the owner community family. I met great people, people I would break an arm for, people I would have no problem passing a free gift I won onto if it brought them joy.

Who ever won should do as they please, really........ But think about it.
                        Germaine Marine
                        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
                          Where is the surf up?
                          Sorry Jim just saw, did a quick session at Perris water was awesome calm and 70 degrees
                          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
                          X