(5) 50 Pound Wake Ballast Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(5) 50 Pound Wake Ballast Bags

I won these at the reunion. They are awesome. I was very impressed with the quality. They lay nice and flat so they take up almost no usable space. At first I placed them under my main ballast bag, and with my system full I could no longer reach surf speed. I ended up having to drain my main bags to reach speed. On the bright side I figured out the ballast limit of my new prop! I'm happy with what I have, so these are up for sale. These were used for one boat trip only.

$30 each plus shipping. I think each one will fit in a medium flat rate box at $13.45, so that should save you around $15 for each one if you were to buy new.

Tried to send PM but your box is full
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I'd like 2-3 if you have any left!

Comment

You're really trying to profit off a donation???

Comment

^ How he came to have these is nobody's concern. People are allowed to change their minds and decide they won't benefit from them. You think he should just give them back?....really?

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
            ^ How he came to have these is nobody's concern. People are allowed to change their minds and decide they won't benefit from them. You think he should just give them back?....really?
            I respectfully disagree. It IS our concern if we continue to ask for donations from vendors who may grow suspicious of our intent with their donations. I don't think anyone is implying he should give them back, but to profit off of a donation may present challenges for the coordinators requesting support in the future if they hear what people at our events are doing with those donations. There have been previous winners at our event raffle that simply passed on their prize to someone who could use it. Just food for thought.

Comment

I was hoping to avoid all of this by sending a PM explaining all this. I honestly don't believe UNSTUCK has any malicious intent here, he tried to use the product and it does not suit his needs, he is merely trying to pass off to someone who could use them. We of course cannot control what happens to products after they leave the reunion. However, that being said we would hope that donations that are given away for free are not reposted and sold for individual profit regardless of their value. Ultimately it is UNSTUCK's decision on what he wants to do. As a reunion coordination (and friend of the owner of wakeballast), I would ask that they are not sold and either given away, or donated back into the reunion next year and this thread be deleted entirely. But at the end of the day the bags belong to him and can do whatever he wants with them.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                I was hoping to avoid all of this by sending a PM explaining all this. I honestly don't believe UNSTUCK has any malicious intent here, he tried to use the product and it does not suit his needs, he is merely trying to pass off to someone who could use them. We of course cannot control what happens to products after they leave the reunion. However, that being said we would hope that donations that are given away for free are not reposted and sold for individual profit regardless of their value. Ultimately it is UNSTUCK's decision on what he wants to do. As a reunion coordination (and friend of the owner of wakeballast), I would ask that they are not sold and either given away, or donated back into the reunion next year and this thread be deleted entirely. But at the end of the day the bags belong to him and can do whatever he wants with them.
                Well said B-Rad! Hope they will continue to support us still! Also, I am sure there was no mal-intent as well.

Comment

Wow. Interesting turn of events. Have to say this didn't even occur to me. I was very impressed with the guy that turned down the transfer pump kit during the raffle because he didn't need it. I was on the fence about doing the same as I wasn't sure I wanted 250 extra pounds in the boat all the time, but in the end I wanted to see how they could help the wave.

I do think it would be silly if the companies that donated didn't know this would/could happen. I think they know that getting their product out there helps them in the long run. I have them, I've used them. I now know how nice they are. Anyone that saw them at the reunion knows how nice they are. Anyone that is picky about their wave needs to have these to fine tune.

So in the end, Wake Ballast gained a customer if I need them on a future boat. I will give WB props any time it comes up in conversation with other boaters based on my observations. WB probably couldn't be happier that I have put them up for sale. How many people will find and read this thread? How many will want to know more about WB because of it? All of that could start all over for the next guy who owns them. He'll tell his friends how great they are.....
                  This is the marketing strategy behind such a donation. Yes, if was VERY nice of them to give them to us. It in the end they are hoping that the donation will generate sales. I'm sure it will.

I'm sure some of the other doners wished we were talking about them right now.

Comment

^^^ I knew nothing of Wake Ballast and have already been to their page because of this thread. I've got 3 bags of semi truck tire chains in my boat that I move around for ballast. I've been looking around for something to replace them with in the spring and WB is now leading the race... also dig the trucker hat

In the end, I also own a business and I also donate goods and services. I write it off, and whatever happens after that doesnt matter to me at all...
                    Last edited by Bryan; 10-06-2016, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I think the concern is it was communicated to everyone that prizes which may not be needed or wanted should be donated back for someone else to win or given to someone that may need the product. In the end, he used them and decided they didn't work for his current setup and is selling them at a discounted price which is his choice. I'm sure WB understands and appreciates his product recommendation and visibility this has created, but as already stated, the intentions were for no raffle prizes to be sold post event. It brings up a good topic of conversation for the event organizers when planning for next year however!

BCRider: it IS the event organizers concern and over the past 11 years we have established some guidelines that we try to follow. I for one have given multiple prizes to other owners including the prize this year as have others that chimed in above....so without knowing how the event is ran, you might refrain from making judgement.

Comment

I guess I missed these reunion "rules". Where are they posted? I'd like to be better prepared for next year, if I'm not blacklisted by then.

Comment

Speaking on behalf of the reunion coordinators, we will try and do a better job of communicating next year. There are no written rules, and I personally would like to keep it that way. Good luck with your sale.

Comment

My bad. If it was previously communicated before handing out the prizes that this doesn't happen then I understand. Bad05, you're correct. I don't know how it was ran.

Comment

That's just it though. I had no idea that the prizes we win are not ours to do with as we please. I'd have to be crazy to agree to that, win something, then come on here and pawn the prize away. I would have just hid it away on cregslist or something and stayed away from here.

Brad, would you mind giving me the contact info for your buddy at wake ballast? I'd like to ask him what he thinks. Maybe he has already seen this?

Comment

Working...
                              X