Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still for sale....listed at 41,500....if interested pm me with a offer

Comment

Im thinking that what people are meaning when they talk about hours and buyers, they are referring to the newer buyers. If I was in the market for a boat and didnt really know much about them yes 500 vs 200 hrs would be a no brainer. I would go with the lesser of the two just because most people look at hours on a boat like they look at miles on a car. Some people do their research look around and find the best deal possible based on functionality and price. Other people just pull the trigger because next weekend is memorial weekend and they need a boat to take out all their friends. The weather is warming up people are getting out, have less time to do their research and are running out of warm weather. Your boats going to sell just be patient. I sold my 2008 RZ4 in 2011 for $52000 with 125hrs. Sad for me but they are going for even more then that right now. My problem at the time was the lakes around Texas were drying up so obviously people were scared to buy. Well now we have had tons of rain, and people just want to be on the water. Anyways hope that kinda helps. I dont think anyone is happy that you havent sold your boat. We all want that here on this site. Anyways good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
        I am convinced it's the lack of water. Everyone knows California is in a draught and people are seeing picture that make it look like the lakes are completely unusable.
        I have sold quite a few boats over the last ten years, everything from a $5,000 Sanger, a $20,000 Moomba, a $50,000 Natique and a $100K Schiada and I currently have my '08 RZ4 for sale that has low hours, and I have gone through upgrading the ballast, stereo and even the tower.

Prior to putting anything up for sale, I always look around at the going rate which is very easy these days using the inner-web and I try to price my stuff at a reasonable price and don't take low-ball offers (or the Craigslist "...trade for a..." b.s.)

Never had a problem selling one of my boats and I have never "had" to sell a boat, I just kind of get ADD and want something else.

Anyway to the point, since I put my RZ4 up for sale on every board that I could think of, I have had only one serious inquiry and that was a guy two states away. I don't know if it is our California drought or what. It really seems strange to me, but luckily I don't need to sell the boat and have no problem enjoying it for another short crappy CA season!!
        Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

Originally posted by adamsjstt View Post
          That's cool your boat has a 2K+ upgraded Bimini, automated ballast, new cabin carpet, reinforced engine walls etc..... And you got a smokin deal at 42 ( mines listed at 41500 now) and you probably feel like you got a great deal cause it has half the hours. My boat runs great and has been very well maintained and cared for and has was actually used by myself and the previous owner. Blows me away the amount of people that spend the money we spend on these boats and after 8 years have only 280hours of use. Oh ya the swim platform was done using aluminum and fiberglass. Not trying to be a di&k but tired of hearing hours hours is why you can't sell. A educated owner of a boat understands the plus and minus of a low hour boat its not all good.
          i hate to break it to you but just like in muscle cars what i do and know best when i go to sell a hot rod i know im not gonna get what i put in it my lightning i just sold the end of april had ton and tons of very high end up grades but that didnt mean i could jack the price way up i tried i ended up selling it for what the rest of the lightnings were selling for. its the same with a boat it doesnt matter how much money you pile into a boat its only worth what the market will let it be worth. now as far as the hours i just bought a 97 with 250 hours most "experianced" boaters would have never thought of it me on the other hand im not affraid to pull a motor and rebuild it so i got it because i got it at a steal took it home ran compression and it had one low cylinder but was coming up about 15 pounds with every test and is now even with the rest. moral of the story just because it sat even years at a time doesnt mean youre going to have problems with it like most say.

Comment

now also on the other hand you can sit on it long enough and someone will buy it you may have to come down a little but not much but it all depends on how long you want to sit on it. you want it gone in a month and a half dont come down on the pirce you want it gone by the end of the weekend drop the price but i do agree it is a very nice boat and i would love to have it just throwing my in there and dont take it the wrong way just trying to help you understand.

Comment

One thing I always consider when selling is the carrying cost. Sometimes selling a little cheaper and getting rid of it is better in the long run. If you don't have payments or still are using the boat this doesn't amount to much unless you have storage costs. If you have payments and not using the boat, is it worth hanging onto. When we had our lake place for sale, we got an offer in November just before taking it off the market for winter. The offer was lower than we wanted but recouped that $$$ before the next spring through the winter carrying costs. Not saying you boat isn't worth it but consider what it is costing you to hang onto it each month.
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Bump

Comment

Lowered price on boattrader & onlyinboards.

Comment

Adam, I tried to send you a private message but don't think it went through. PM me, I might be interested and have a few questions.

Comment

For all you low hour guys, guess which 8 year old boats have more problems? We call it kicking out the cobwebs: impellers disintegrating and leaving pieces stuck in your block water passages, exhaust valves sticking in place, improper marinization or none, frozen or stiff steering, corroded electrical connections...etc. Coming from a commercial boat background, if you don't use your equipment, you won't know what's wrong with it until it's too late. A boat that gets used, gets loved and taken care of, how can no one see that?! Smokin' deal guys.
                      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Thank you boatwakes..... Boat sold today heading to Utah

Comment

Originally posted by adamsjstt View Post
                          Thank you boatwakes..... Boat sold today heading to Utah
                          CONGRATS on the sale!

Comment

Working...
                          X