No announcement yet.

2000 Tige 22i for Sale - need input please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I think the 14,900 price is right in the sweet spot - at least for our location. The interior looks a little better (except for the back seat) than ours did. Like I said earlier, we sold ours in the middle of Jan for 13. I'm pretty sure the guy turned around and sold it this spring - can't say for sure, but I know he was asking 17.5k....

I agree with NickyPoo - thats a solid boat.

Comment

If it's clean and straight and solid, it's worth 15k for the right buyer. There is a market for old slalom hounds turned surfer. Those who bang out a slalom run in the morning and surf the rest of the day away. That's really the cool thing about that hull. At 34mph, it'll be plenty manageable for any slalom skier worth his salt. It's not a tournament boat. It's too fat to fit down a course set for a pure 3 event boat but, I do it. The payoff is once your set is done, you can go out, load the ballast and surf that fat bastard all day. And it's a nice wake. Size depends completely upon ballast. Obviously. The shape, when you get it set, is fantastic. Long, smooth transitions and tons of "push". It's nearly identical on either side. Just stuff all the weight you got in surfside corner and trunk and ride what you got that day. Can I get a VAB! In fact, the other day, just for the hell of it, I loaded up both sides, 450 each side. Just the driver(f) and three kids, all under 10. I was easily able to surf both sides at will. No switching sides back and forth. No coordinating with driver. Didn't even have the PP on. Just load and go. Granted, I have campaigned this boat for 13 years now. I'm familiar it. I digress. It'll surf. All day long. It'll also drag the old slalom dogs around. It's super wide, super comfy in every seat. It simple, easy to work on and built like tank. It's not a "big water" boat but, it'll get through some serious **** like a champ. Let's face it, it happens. Has it happened to you? It's happened to me. That's why I bought the 22i in the first place. Toughest boat on the market back then. I've been caught out in enough bad seas to know not to buy a flimsy boat. I just got lucky on the surf wake thing.

This has gone way too long. I love the stupid things though. Somebody in Sactown needs a boat. It'd be great on the delta.
      Last edited by NICKYPOO; 06-19-2014, 07:18 AM.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I have the 1999 version of this boat that I purchased it in 2010 and I paid around 13k here in Missouri and my interior was in better shape.

Comment

Yes, the rear back seat is the worst. Yes, it is a stereo remote on the left. No snow here. Since it does stay outside, still winterize it and shrink wrap.
          Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
          Yup. Top and bottom. That seat is always first to go. The rest of it looks fairly clean. It is factory original. It doesn't even have a hole cut out of the switch/ignition panel. Is that stero remote to the left of it? It almost looks like a little LED pod. The tower is more or less worthless. The outside storage isn't too bad. We're talking Sacremento. It's not like it snows there.

I think it's a great boat to look at if your looking to get into ownng a tow boat. It would take a couple thousand to get it in shape but, it's a hell of a reliable, consistent, easy boat to own.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has provided into. Much appreciated. This has been a difficult decision & process to let it go (another loss so to speak). Tige' Owners are a great group of folks, will always remember the great weekends shared up at Rollins Lake with all the other Tige Owners. So much fun always.

Comment

Working...
            X