Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Tige 22i for Sale - need input please

Hi there-hoping for some help.
    I need to sale our boat. My husband passed away unexpectedly in February. I'm just not up for continuing this hobby without him. Our daughter is getting married in September so the extra money will help. I have done some research and feel that what I have it listed for is fair, but I keep getting offers that are pretty much insulting to say the least. I thought I would come here and ask those that know about Tige'.

I know the boat is 14 years old. We are the second owners and have had it 10 years+. The boat runs well and is very solid, but it is 14 years old and the interior is starting to show its age in spots. It has been stored outside for the most part.

If anyone can provide any feedback - much appreciated

22 ft
    Inboard motor
    Direct Drive
    Open bow
    Dual Batteries with shut off
    Tower with wakeboard racks
    AM/FM CD player Kenwood
    Bimini top
    Teak Swim platform
    Tandem Axle Trailer
    Breakaway tongue
    Two boat covers (tower up or down)
    Kneeboards, Wakeboards, ropes, etc.
    Hours 521
    Registered thru 2015

I'm sorry for your loss.

We sold the exact same boat this past winter - sounds like in around the same condition. I was looking to move ours fast due to buying another house (and having two boats), but we sold ours for $13k - which is fairly low. I would think anywhere around 15-17k would be the average depending on location and condition of course.

What are you asking currently and what have the offers been?

Comment

Sorry for your loss as well. That's horrible! We are here to help.

What part of the country are you located in? I agree probably around the $15K mark for the boat and add a little more for all of the gear. Post a link to your ad or some pictures so we can spread it around.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

So sorry to hear. Good luck with the sale and the wedding.
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Some more info would be needed. Post some pics so we can really see what the boat is/has.

This boat doesn't get enough credit. It's actually one of the best surfing Ddrives of all time. That's not just me and my experience with it. Lots of industry insiders know what that boat is capable of. The 2000 was unique in that it had a new dash pod that was a huge improvement and 2000 was the only year for that combo. In 2001, Tige reintroduced the new 22i. It was designed as more of a wakeboard boat. Gone were the spray pockets that every know it all with a keyboard claimed ruined the wake. Now days, the biggest baddest surf machine around, the Nautique G23, has a nearly identical hull shape at the transom as the 2000 Tige 22i except that the Nautique has two "spray pockets". Obviously there is much more going on with their new "state of the art" machine but, the trailing edge of the hull is what gives the wake it's shape. If you read the internet, you'll find that the Nautique has the best surf wake around right now. I know those that designed it are very familiar with the old Tige.

First pic is the new Nautique, second is my 2000 22i.
          Attached Files
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

$15k IF it has a nice tower, perfect pass, is in good shape and had been stored indoors. Subtract $1000 for each of those things missing and the price would be about right. The biggest issue for me would be the 14yrs of outdoor storage. Anyways, a nice older, DD in running shape should get you about $12-13k. Once you get in the $15k region you are competing more with the older VDrives

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
              Some more info would be needed. Post some pics so we can really see what the boat is/has.

This boat doesn't get enough credit. It's actually one of the best surfing Ddrives of all time. That's not just me and my experience with it. Lots of industry insiders know what that boat is capable of. The 2000 was unique in that it had a new dash pod that was a huge improvement and 2000 was the only year for that combo. In 2001, Tige reintroduced the new 22i. It was designed as more of a wakeboard boat. Gone were the spray pockets that every know it all with a keyboard claimed ruined the wake. Now days, the biggest baddest surf machine around, the Nautique G23, has a nearly identical hull shape at the transom as the 2000 Tige 22i except that the Nautique has two "spray pockets". Obviously there is much more going on with their new "state of the art" machine but, the trailing edge of the hull is what gives the wake it's shape. If you read the internet, you'll find that the Nautique has the best surf wake around right now. I know those that designed it are very familiar with the old Tige.

First pic is the new Nautique, second is my 2000 22i.
              Good stuff there Nickypoo. Those pics are very interesting comparison. After seeing your surf pics, its impressive what that DD can do.
              Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I currently have it listed for 14,900. Offers have been 12K (sight unseen -probably not serious?)

Comment

Located in California (Sacramento). Here is a link http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/4521553799.html

Comment

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Comment

Are those rips in the interior of the rear seat back?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                        Are those rips in the interior of the rear seat back?
                        Yup. Top and bottom. That seat is always first to go. The rest of it looks fairly clean. It is factory original. It doesn't even have a hole cut out of the switch/ignition panel. Is that stero remote to the left of it? It almost looks like a little LED pod. The tower is more or less worthless. The outside storage isn't too bad. We're talking Sacremento. It's not like it snows there.

I think it's a great boat to look at if your looking to get into ownng a tow boat. It would take a couple thousand to get it in shape but, it's a hell of a reliable, consistent, easy boat to own.

Comment

What do you think of her price of $14,900 for it?

Comment

I agree with nickypoos assessment, the asking price is a little high for a boat that needs some upholstery work and a new tower, but it's a starting point. I think taking into account the condition from the pictures I'd say she should be able to negotiate something between her asking price and 13 and that would be fair. If any potential buyer reads this website or searched google for that year boat and tower they will read about the Metcrap issues and they should know it needs to go eventually, and that's a 1-3k job, and the rear seat can be recovered by a good shop for 500ish? Just a couples wags to get into the ball park.
                            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Considering what I've got into mine and how it performs, I think 13k would be fair for a good, unmolested 2000 22i. The tower makes them really tough to sell to someone who doesn't want to mess with it, aka first time inboard buyer. 7-8k into that boat and it would be a bitchin little boat. I know there's not really anybody on the planet who would do such a thing (except me) so I'm sure it'll just remain a starter boat for someone. Too bad really. It's such a great hull.

Comment

Working...
                              X