No announcement yet.

1998 Tige 2200i Value Brandnewbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to look at/drive/possibly purchase the Tige. I am going to offer 14,000 and see what happens from there. Sounds like he is in construction and business is slow for him.
    1998 pre2200i

Comment

Hows the wake for wakeboarding on these boats? Will I need a lot of ballast? Will usually have 5 in the boat Minimum. Had a mastercraft stars and stripes was ok i expect this to be similar? We tried to always have 5+ people and extra ballast to get a nice/ok wake...
      1998 pre2200i

Comment

great pulled a guy for his first time behind my boat couple weeks ago had 4 people ( so 3 on the boat) and didn't fill any sacs but had 160lbs of lead weight in the rear ski locker taps at 6. He loved the wake behind mine so much more then his dads boat... But his dads boat is more of a cruiser...
        27 foot rinker

Said my wake had a lot more pop, the wake does tend to be a bit rampy but over all I have loved it.

Comment

Is taps the trim system in that era of boat 1997?? He said it has trim tabs??
          1998 pre2200i

Comment

ya taps is a center trim tab

Comment

Went and looked at the boat. Clean for the age, trim gauge and the fuel gauge dont work the trim works just not the gauge. I am purchasing the boat for $13,000 he took the offer, called me after I was on my way home. I will be picking it up on Sunday night. Including some life jackets pretty nice ones. A fly high ski pole, barefoot training pole, wakeboard nothing special and a few other boating goodies. Also noted a very small water leak where the driveshaft comes through the boat on the inside, what do I need to repair that? Small leak just a drip, but did notice it? Its on the engine side of the driveshaft where the shaft exits the hull. Seal??? Drove out nice, hull has a few small dings? Overall pretty good condition. Thoughts?? I will post a few pics after I get it home. Looking forward to not just being a tigeowners forum member,but and Owner also. Another forum to suck my free time......
              Last edited by dzldoctor; 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM.
              1998 pre2200i

Comment

Nice post some pics...

The shaft should have a plastic nut you can tighten should fix the leak.
                Try these threads. Lots of info and even some pics.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=packing

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=packing

Thread of my first 2 weeks of new boat owner ship. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10924

Mine was not very clean but a paid a little less and spent man hours cleaning it up also did a few upgrades/maintenance.

Those gauges issues are common for the year/age of the boat. had to fix my fuel.. and my taps one just started acting up this year :/ If I smack the dash it starts working again lol.

Comment

Congratulations! Sounds like it worked out well.

Here is a good gas gauge replacement. If that's the problem?
                  http://www.boatersland.com/far-12901.html
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Welcome to the Tige family.

Comment

My gas gauge didn't work very well.. Mine was the sender in the tank.

Comment

Sweet the leak dont sound too serious and the gauges no big deal either. Little time and little money she will be cherry..... Cant wait to pick it up, oh and he found a 4 blade prop used 1 time, and a few other gadgets..... Bonus
                        1998 pre2200i

Comment

Sweet! Get a surf board. Then a new ACME prop and a skilocker sac for the trunk from chpthrill. Pick up an FAE as well. Grab your crew and you'll have one of the best surfing D-drives of all time. Congrats and well done.
                          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Oh ya, you should have just a tiny drip from that shaft seal. They are designed to do that. It lets you know you have it adjusted right. 1 drip every 10 sec. if I remember right.

Get that FAE. Trust me.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X