1998 Tige 2200i Value Brandnewbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 Tige 2200i Value Brandnewbie

Looking at a 1998 Tige 2200i, looks cherry 475 hrs on the machine. I Am meeting with the guy on monday. He is asking 17500 is this a fair price for the year and such? The pics look good. I am new to Tige, have had many i/o runabouts, and a Mastercraft stars and stripes, but need more room. Not new to boats anything I need to check/verify before purchasing? Don't see too many of this style boat for this money in the area. Just found the site and need info. Thanks
    1998 pre2200i

Anyone with any info?? I am really wondering if this is worth the price. No tower has a wakeboard and a barefoot pole, some ropes etc. NADA books out around 14,000 The market here seems in line?? I would drive for a better deal or better boat for same money. ANy boats for sale within 4 hours of metro MN?? Would like to spend less than 15000, but the right boat will spend a little more.
    1998 pre2200i

Comment

In my opinion, I would think it is worth around the asking price if it had a tower. I'm not sure the cost of a new tower, but I would guess between 3-5K?
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I have seen the 2200i go for much less. I got a 98 2200V last year with 300hr and in near perfect shape for $17K. If it has a good tower (not metcraft), perfect pass and a prop upgrade then you would be getting a decent deal.

Comment

Get us more info on options/trailer/tower and we can help out.

Comment

My '04 22i with 185 hrs. was going to sell at 18K. It is nicely equipped.

I think that price is quite high.

Comment

I wouldn't offer more than 14K. He may be more motivated than you think.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the replies. I found he was willing to deal some, but found a 2002 Mastercraft x-7 pretty loaded for equal money. I am going to look at/purchase instead. My wife likes the newer look.
                1998 pre2200i

Comment

As there are getting to be more used V-drives out on the market, the prices of direct-drives are really coming down.
                  I would think that price is a little on the high side, as I bought an '01 2300V LTD with 200 hours for $20,000 this year. That is not a directly comparable boat, but it is an example of how soft the whole market is. I have seen some really nice looking direct-drive boats advertised here in MN this summer for $12k or less!

Comment

the mastercraft was in a little rougher shape than I was looking for. Passed on it. Anyone have anything for sale open bow, 20foot, tower etc. In the 15,000 to under 20,000 range. Willing to drive 250+ miles for the right deal. Located in Central MN. As soon as possible....
                    1998 pre2200i

Comment

Did you go look at the Tige? If so, did you drive it? I have more or less the same boat and it has been bulletproof. 17k is too much in this market but, the boats themselves, if well maintained are far superior to anything else of that vintage. The reason you don't see many is that most people who have them have no need to sell them. They still work and perform excellent.

You can get a good tower for 2k.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                        Did you go look at the Tige? If so, did you drive it? I have more or less the same boat and it has been bulletproof. 17k is too much in this market but, the boats themselves, if well maintained are far superior to anything else of that vintage. The reason you don't see many is that most people who have them have no need to sell them. They still work and perform excellent.

You can get a good tower for 2k.
                        x2 on the bullet proof. I bought our boat 4 years ago and love the fact that it runs great! No worries at all. Just turn the key and go, go, go.

Comment

Havent looked at the tige, I did call him again sound really meticulous about his stuff and went to 16,000 over the phone.... I probably will check into it Looking at an 04 moomba 152 hrs for good price longer drive but??
                          1998 pre2200i

Comment

Picked up my 98 21i last year, Been a great boat needed a bit of TLC but I have put some time and money in maintenance and upgrades over this winter. And have never had an issue with it and love the boat. I got mine a lot cheaper then his listed price but it did need some work. With the upgrades I have added I would list mine for 14-15K ( perfect pass, new stereo, has tower, new steering cable and all other maintenance performed)

Comment

Good god, check out the Tige first. I've never met a Moomba I was impressed with. The rough water ride alone on the Tige should sway you. They are built like tanks (the reason I bought one) and it will be rock solid for you if it's well maintained. Those were the years of wood stringers. "Last of the V8 Interceptors". Despite what the market has done to faze out wood stingers, wood is good. They don't fail, they don't warp, they don't rot and they have far superior vibration absorption to the composite materials. That Moomba is built like a tin can. Check them both out and get down under the helm and gunnels and poke around. Tige's of that vintage we're built the same as a lot of offshore race boats. Same materials, same lay up. They are tough.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X