Where to find the best prices???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find the best prices???

Looking to get a new board. I have narrowed it down to the IS Red Woody or the Blue Lake. Are there any reputable online store with good deals or possibly a Southern California pro shop that is an IS dealer?
    Bad decisions make good stories.

Ebay or Boarders Best Buy
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The folks at Wakeoutlaws.com just made IS their #1 board line to pump and they claim to have the best deals. I know that boardersmall, which feeds boarders best buy is normally $1 more than what Wakeoutlaws.com has. The other day I just saw that they were also throwing in your choice of a board bag, extra fins, or a rope with an IS purchase. They're reputable folks I've ordered from them.

DO NOT, however, place a LOT of creedence in their advice. Their forums are probably the greatest single source of misinformation I've seen. Loc/Todd does well - ignore everyne else's opinion. They also seem to place a lot of emphasis on the current manufacturer that is making them money.

However, if you know what you want and don't need their input, I think they offer up pretty consistent deals.
      Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

^^^ Don't you post over on Wakeoutlaws.com surfdad??

Comment

Present company excepted, of course!

Comment

Thanks for the 411. You guys are awesome.

I was hoping to find a smoking deal like the boarders best buy deal last year on the Blue Lake.
            I think the Red Woody is my best bet for larger riders and when there is not a lot of people in the boat. I dont use a ton of ballast, a 900lb sack is all I use and maybe a few cases of beer.

Any recommendations for a similar(possibly less expensive) alternative to the Red Woody?

Comment

Surfed 6 boards at the end of last season and the IS Red Woody was IMHO the best riding board. I am a bit scale challenged at 250lb but my wife likes the ride as well. If you have a need for the board bag then the price on Wakeoutlaws is pretty good, if not you can do much better on the price. My local Tige dealer got me the board for about 2 cases of beer under 500 bucks.

T.

Comment

As Chpthril pointed out eBay has a ton of stuff. I always thought the Triple X swallow was a great big guy cruiser on par with the Red Tide. I don't think the Triple X folks offer it as a wakesurfer any more, but they still offer it as a surfboard - so you need to add traction. It has a price of $229 I think. They also offer the same board in a 5'8" and a 5'10".

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Triple-X-Epo...3A1%7C294%3A30

You can get Xtrak traction for $50. I think I just saw that shipping is $80. So what is that, 229+80+50 I'd guess you could get it ready to ride for under $400.

Comment

Originally posted by River Runner View Post
                  Thanks for the 411. You guys are awesome.

I was hoping to find a smoking deal like the boarders best buy deal last year on the Blue Lake.
                  I think the Red Woody is my best bet for larger riders and when there is not a lot of people in the boat. I dont use a ton of ballast, a 900lb sack is all I use and maybe a few cases of beer.

Any recommendations for a similar(possibly less expensive) alternative to the Red Woody?
                  The Red Tide was what the new Red Woody used to be. Google Red Tide and see what pops up!
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

www.boardersmall.com => Wakesurf Closeouts

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/produc...cat=565&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by ImaPigDog View Post
                      Thats a good deal for the Blue Lake. Will that still work for some of my "big guy" friends around 250lbs? I have a Hyperlite Broadcast I believe its 4'8". None of my friends can surf without the rope on that board.

Maybe it would be cheaper to get skinnier friends. Except they are good balast!!! I cant win.

Comment

Working...
                      X