Triple X boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple X boards

Anybody have experience with these? They seem to be quite abundant on Ebay and fairly well priced. Are they junk? I need to buy a board, I bought everything else I need to surf, just having a hrd time finding a good price on a board. I wanna surf-not go broke. I also don't want to be the dickjead who won't let his friends use his 500$ board, but my friends will TRASH it quickly if I did. I thought maybe one of these would be a better "sacrificial lamb" than a really nice board.

Any thoughts??
    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

I've ridden the skim style boards and the huge swallow tail fish. I believe the skimmer is called the "composite". They are good quality boards. The skimmers are made from a Divinycell core and are laminated with epoxy. They are an almost identical copy of the Phase 5 Prop, only they use epoxy instead of the cheaper and weaker polyester that Phase 5 uses.

The QC isn't great, I believe they are imported from China, so you'll find some small pinholes in the finish, but nothing to make it unsound.

If you can find one for under $250 you've got a decent quality board.

I've seen the new "Slasher" and with those fins - it's just dumb. Buy one of the LF/CWB/HL for $199 before the Slasher. at $350

I loved the big swallow tailed fish, but I haven't seen that for '09 and it was fairly pricey as I remember.
    Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

I was actually looking at the slasher so THANK YOU!! I'll snag up a LF, they're all over for around 200-250$.
      Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

I have a buddy that bought one and I rode it for a whole weekend at the lake and loved it... it's very stable and will slide if you need it to I can do 180's and 360's on it as well... and it doesn't break the bank... he has the triple X 51
        and he and I are both around 190...
        Work Hard, Play Harder!!!

Comment

Working...
        X