Surfboat setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfboat setup

As I formed a plan this winter to improve the safety and comfort of my 23v I got to thinking about the other people on this site that might benifit from what I have learned about my boat.I am not that good with a camera nor am I a writer so you guys will have to bear with me.
    Some projects I address are simple and can be done with minimal cost and effort while others may require a bit more.

First things first.
    Replaced the prop with something a little more our speed.
    Acme 572 I beleive

Second and the most important on a older boat is relocating the blower and pluging the hole at the transom.I removed the ski pylon and placed the blower in the empty hole

I plugged the transom with a aliuminium plate and 3m sealer.Best bet is to pick a sealer that is close to the color of your boat.All total I built this with about thirty dollars and a local hardware store.If you don't think metal shears will work for you any metal shop can make the plate for you if you bring them a template.

NC//OKC\\

Then I built a new deck a few inches shorter as not to cut off the top of the wave

While I was working on the deck I decided to address the rattling swim step brackets.I started by drilling and tapping a hole directly in line with the bolts on the transom.

I then reversed a locknut onto a stainless bolt that way you can lock the tension where you want it.

A important part I forgot to picture is the second set of bolts tapped into the transom brackets intended to hold the deck down.For these I simply tapped the part bolted to the boat and drilled the bracket on the deck larger.With the whole thing installed the uppers push and the lowers pull without actually supporting any kind of real weight.
    NC//OKC\\

Comment

Nice job.
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by formandfunction View Post
        Then I built a new deck a few inches shorter as not to cut off the top of the wave
        Where'd you get the wood?
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
          Where'd you get the wood?
          Come in pill form now a days
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Come in pill form now a days
            Ha ha
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Dog, I used oak and watersealed the boards before I screwed it together.I figured it would last at least as long as the(teak)I replaced cough,cough
              NC//OKC\\

Comment

I have several more projects in the works and a few done.I will add them as I sort the pictures.
                NC//OKC\\

Comment

I was going to say, that looked like Oak.
                  I can't wait to see how it holds up?
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Has anyone else plugged there transom vent.Its almost a must for surfing.Saves your alternator too.
                    NC//OKC\\

Comment

Interesting call on the Oak. I will be very interested to see how it holds up. Did a nice job on it though.
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X