FInally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FInally

Finally got our first ride of the season with the new fat sac in the rear locker. Made a huge difference. Excited to get out and do it again. Air was 75* water was 60* and we don't have wetsuits. It wasn't that bad until you fall and have to wait for the boat to come get you. Sorry I don't have pics but it turns out the camera runs on batteries and with out them it won't take pictures.

Was that Folsom Lake??? Was thinking about going out also but this weekend was crazy so we didn't do anything. Next weekend looks like it might be raining.

Comment

What kind of surf set up to you use? How much weight and placed where?

Comment

Da...Yes we were at Folsom. A fair amount of boats out last weekend, mostly fishing and not to many people actually in the water. We were hoping to go out next weekend too. Damn rain. At least that will raise Folsom a little.

Spenchey...We have the 2005 22V riders edition and we fill the stock ballast on the surf side, plus a 440# in the rear locker, empty on the non-surf side. Only a driver and flagman last weekend. I think the stock rear ballast is like 325# and the front is 125#. That swamps our swimdeck like 3inches under water. Still have 2-3 inches til the rubrail hits the water though.

Comment

PM my pics when you get some. I'm looking at getting into surfing was just curious what your ballast set up and wake looked like cause we have almost the same boat.

Comment

Ya, might hear out there this weekend also. No rain in the forecast on Saturday and Sunday but Sunday is definitely a warmer day. How much debris did you encounter?

However, I will keep my wake in check since I don't have a ballast system

Comment

Yes finally

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                Ya, might hear out there this weekend also. No rain in the forecast on Saturday and Sunday but Sunday is definitely a warmer day. How much debris did you encounter?

However, I will keep my wake in check since I don't have a ballast system
                We didn't get much debris at all. A few small twigs here and there. Not like a couple years ago when there were full logs every 20 ft.

Comment

Working...
                X