Help weighting a 04 22iR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help weighting a 04 22iR

So we are going to go out our first surf only session tonight and I need some help. We have tried to surf a couple of times before but apparently the wake wasn't right or the board we were using was a bit to small (or we just suck really bad) but we couldn't get to the point that the wake would carry any of us. We just had to hold onto the rope the entire time.

Is anyone surfing behind a 22i ? If so how are you weighting it and do you have any pics of the wake?

Here's what I have to work with:
    1 700# bullit fat sack
    2 Fat buddies
    3 Corn-fed 240lb Midwestern wakeboarders
    2 not so corn-fed Midwestern wakeboarders wives

I'll take some pics of what we come up with..

any help would be appreciated!!!!
    There's a fine line between fishing, and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

just out of curiosity what speed are you driving at while surfing? also are you turning slightly to the side that the surfer is on? too fast or slow will be bad as well as going straight ahead.

Comment

Just remember not to put all the weight in one corner because it will start washing out. Put all or most of the weight on one side and do like a 7:3-9:1 range ratio of the weight on one side. Turning slightly does help but just in IMO it doesnt really matter if its weighted correct.

I would but the 700# fat sac in the back corner. The 240 lb. people in the back all the way up to next to the driver. Then put the smaller wives, kids, etc. whatever in the front and/or next to the big guys. Move the fat buddies around to get it just how you like it as well as the speed. Before someone goes into the water, move people around, change speeds, and just test out how the wake works. My .02
      www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

Working...
      X