Fat Sacs For Wakesurfing Need Info!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat Sacs For Wakesurfing Need Info!!!

I just bought a new 22ve. Can anyone recommend what size, brand, etc...fat sac I should be using for wakesurfing.. Any info would be great Thanks.....

Congrats. I'd start with getting 4 or 5 adults and experiment with positioning and TAPS settings. If you look at my gallery, you'll see my son surfing behind the 22Ve prototype back in 2005. We had no ballast and just adults in the configuration shown there. The wake was very impressive. Then you can get the appropriate sized fat sacs. Both Fly High and LaunchPad make good bags and pumps. I use a combination of both on my 21v and we're pretty happy with the results. We surf all the time.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by AXEMANSFD View Post
      I just bought a new 22ve. Can anyone recommend what size, brand, etc...fat sac I should be using for wakesurfing.. Any info would be great Thanks.....
      I'm assuming you don't have the factory ballast right?
      If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Right, Just the taps system.

Comment

We have been using just the vdrive sacs (400 #s ea) in the lockers. This gives us a great WB wake, and a great surf wake. We also have 8 people in the boat at all times to list it over. If you don't have a lot of people, get another 4-700# sac for inside the boat, roll it to one side or the other.
          http://wake9.com/

Comment

i wouldnt waste any money on all of the smaller bags like i did, i would go straight for the enzo surf sack 1500# on each side and fly high bow sac 400#, three tsunami pumps, throw over the side , at least with these you are unlimited on weight capacity. but more weight means you have to be extra cautious with handling the boat. check some of my pics, we can throw up a monster

Comment

I am sure that will throw up a monster, but your boat becomes dangerous to handle at time, especially if you are turning near shores. Also, you basically lose ALL of your storage. If that is ok for you, cuz you want the monster wake, then cool, go for it. Using the smaller sacs has given us great wakes, and we we still retain the usability of our boat.

@bentone: Out of curiousity, did the off the shelf Enzo sac fit without mod in your 24Ve?

Comment

bentone is a good freind of mine i have a 24v i went enzo sacks early on only mine is plumed to a thru hull pump system swich up fill swich down drain works verry well enzo sacks fit verry nice i would recomend them to everone that surfs and dosent want bags on the floor my surf wake is also monster so my advice ic go big

Comment

We use the storage too much. But good to know the enzo sacs fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                    We use the storage too much. But good to know the enzo sacs fit.
                    You don't have to fill them all the way. Sometimes we only fill certain sacks partially. I thought about getting a couple of Enzos instead of my v-drive sacks.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                      You don't have to fill them all the way. Sometimes we only fill certain sacks partially. I thought about getting a couple of Enzos instead of my v-drive sacks.
                      exactly, theres no way i can squeeze 1500 # in the sac anyways, its just nice to not have to drain and refill to switch sides, we just transfer the water from one sac to the other. although, i do run with my factory system full at all times. its so hard to sink these 24v's down to surf. now i know who you are surfmt, they will learn someday. see you at the lake tommorrow, ill bring your tester with me

Comment

The 700lb Fly Hi W716 surf sac was a great compromise for us. Cheaper than a custom or Enzo, takes up less room the those two.

If we have just a small group, 2 or 3, Then I have and extra 400lb Fly Hi W701 V-drive (set) sac that I can trough on top of the surf sac.

I also have the bow sac, Fly Hi W711, but not sure yet that it is really needed to surf. Too early for me to tell as our surf wake is a work in progress.

I got all 4 sacs for a little more $$$ than 1 Enzo.

I rode CP3's CWB surf last night and OMG what a difference from my L/F POS time to get a new board.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Try taking the 400 and placing it on the seat in the cockpit. It'll give your wake a little more curl and make the sweet spot a bit longer. I have some pics in my gallery of my son surfing behind a 22 Ve with no ballast. You can easily see where everyone's sitting. That wake is still one of the best I've seen and it was big. He's about 5'2" in that picture.

Comment

Pretty cool Fly High Fat Sac info

I thought you might want to check out some cool sites with very helpful info;

http://barefoot-international-catalog.com/
                            http://www.automatic-ballast-system.com/
                            http://www.fat-sac-ballast-filling-options.com/

Let e know if this helps....

Comment

Working...
                            X