Has any one else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has any one else...

noticed that here on TO.com, the largest most active forum in the water sports category is wakesurfing? Is that just because we are more willing to post than say for wakeboarding?
    Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

I THINK IT'S BECAUSE IT'S THE NEWEST WATERSPORT AND IT'S TAKING THE WATERSPORTS WORLD OVER BY STORM.....

OF COURSE WITH HELP BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU SURFDAD.....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

I think its partially because wakesurfing is somewhat new to people not everyone gets the chance to do it. I also think its a bit more technical than say wakeboarding. What I mean by technical is that it usually takes a few times to get the correct weight set up, speed, wave shape and the ability to drop the handle.

Its also because your an active poster in this category. You have posted some great topics and pics.

Comment

So I'm prolific AND verbose?

You know, I hadn't really thought of it, but you're right...it's fairly easy to wakeboard, not much in the way of boat set up at the beginning, but for wakesurfing it requires a TON of setup and then another TON of practice to get riding. During that initial phase, there isn't much in the way of resources.

Nick if you are reading this, do NOT refer to me as P & V!

Comment

I will have to say it is the "new" sport on the water and people want to get info on it, and how to do it. I was a "diehard" wakeboarder up until half way thru last season when I finally got to stay in the pocket surfing. Now I can"t wait to get back out surfing, this is how I used to feel about wakeboarding. It is also a sport that is not hard on our older bodies, my wife would not risk an injury wakeboarding but has become hooked on surfing.

Surfdad, once again thanks for all of your input on this message board, I know your advice has helped our surfing experience out tremendously.

Comment

I am just glad we have you around. The inland surfer I got was sweet to ride for the first time. I have 700 lbs of fat sacs to try out this next week to shape the wake and get it better. I only used one buddy on the back of the boat last week to help with the wake but I was more interested in getting up and giving it a go. I am hooked!! I will be working on the wake in the RZ2 this week, but I am guessing it will never be what you guys put out based upon your experience. Not sure if it is a hull issue or a swim step issue, either way I am not that good so I will just ride and have a good time with the tunes. Thanks for all of your help. I will be posting picks of my wake and some video after I get back just so you can critique it!
            Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Surfdad View Post
              So I'm prolific AND verbose?
              I think I'll just quote Fred Flintstone and say, "Uhhh boy."

Regarding the prolificy (new word? ) of the wakesurfing catagory:

Do we just like to blab about how cool we are more than the rest? No, the correct answer is none of the other catagories have an active poster who is so involved with it's particular discipline.

Seriously though, Jeff, you are a huge help to a lot of noobs and wannabe pros alike. Your posts are usually full of great info and advise for folks of all levels of interest in the sport. I for one greatly appreciate your participation on this board. Thanx.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Nick, thanks for the props, I am honored, sir.

Comment

I think a portion of the popularity is that it appeals to guys and gals who don't like to take a pounding from some of the other watersports. Maybe due to the age factor. I'm not saying I am old, but I can certainly take an hr of wakesurfing better than an hr of wakeboarding.
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

You know you like to take a pounding.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                      You know you like to take a pounding.
                      Good Burn......ouch!
                      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                      X