2018 R21 Surf Wave and Taps Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 R21 Surf Wave and Taps Help

I have a new 2018 Tige R21. I’m trying to get the best surf wave but can’t find much on the 2018’s. What should I run for ballast full front and rear? Also what should I set the Taps 3 setting to? Is the higher the number 3 smaller wave than a 4 or is this backwards? I just can’t seem to let go of the rope for long before falling out of the wave?

My Ballast seems to fill correct. I’m sure it’s me and not the boat. I’m just a total rookie when it comes to this type of boat and activity! I grew up on fishing boats.

Comment

I had the dealer out on the boat with me, I was struggling with a consistent setup (2108 R23) so he came out with me to help try a few things. The first thing he does is fills the bags to 100% to check how accurate the timers are for each bag. (The manual says not to fill all the bags to 100% but since the fronts fill faster it doesn't come in to play.) After getting the fronts to 100%, he set them back down to 50%. We filled the rears to 100% and then started with the basic 4/4 taps and 10.8 speed. Once we started moving he bled the port side (we mostly surf goofy) to clean up the wave. We ended up at 75-80% rear left, 100% rear right and 50/50 in the front. It was the cleanest wave I've had yet. His logic is that since the percentages are based on the timers, if you work from 0% up, you really don't know what you're getting in to the bag. Working from 100% down, you can establish a more consistent frame of reference. Since then I've been able to get good, clean waves, every time. Try that, see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sevie View Post
        I had the dealer out on the boat with me, I was struggling with a consistent setup (2108 R23) so he came out with me to help try a few things. The first thing he does is fills the bags to 100% to check how accurate the timers are for each bag. (The manual says not to fill all the bags to 100% but since the fronts fill faster it doesn't come in to play.) After getting the fronts to 100%, he set them back down to 50%. We filled the rears to 100% and then started with the basic 4/4 taps and 10.8 speed. Once we started moving he bled the port side (we mostly surf goofy) to clean up the wave. We ended up at 75-80% rear left, 100% rear right and 50/50 in the front. It was the cleanest wave I've had yet. His logic is that since the percentages are based on the timers, if you work from 0% up, you really don't know what you're getting in to the bag. Working from 100% down, you can establish a more consistent frame of reference. Since then I've been able to get good, clean waves, every time. Try that, see how it works.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^That’s the tickets right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the input!

Comment

That is helpful!, going up all the way on the bags and then backing down.

Comment

Working...
            X