Can not get nauticurl to stick on RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not get nauticurl to stick on RZR

Went with the nauticurl because of good reviews on R20 and RZR (same hull) . Can not get it to stick on either side. The hull has a very slight concave and i know this can be a problem if not a perfectly flat spot. But with all of the people running on the RZR/R20 I thought this would be the way to go.

Any help or advice would be great.

I have a DIY gate I use with 2015 R20 and although it has 2 suction cups on it I am able to get one to work and it holds great.
    I use the front suction cup and use it on the starboard side.

I place it down low on the hull, about 2 inches above where my black color stops which looks like where your blue stops before the white gelcoat.
    And the placement is forward on the hull is about where the "e" is on the Chromax TIGE logo, it sometimes takes a couple tries for placement but after the first couple times placement got very easy.

Again this is on my starboard side.
    Last edited by Ironrequiem; 08-13-2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Getting my gate to stick on my old r20 only worked half of the time. It wasn’t worth it.

Comment

It is aluminum. Just bend it. I know it is hard to modify something right out of the box. I had to Grind flat spots on mine to get it to fit on my 2000 21v. It was a little hard at first but thought it was better than sending it back.

Comment

It fits and stays on my RZR in just the right place. It should be about 3-6 inches from the back and about 2-3 inches from the bottom. There is a sweet spot although it can be a bit hard to find sometimes. Get the front to grab, and you can move the back up and down slightly to get it to grab on. We run both side the same on our RZR. I have also found that a good hard squeeze onto the boat before engaging the suction cups helps, and that pumping the suction cup lever a few times helps it grab

Comment

I use one on my 2013, following just about what Rbuss said. I will say some days it sticks on the first try, and others will take me 5 minutes trying to find the right spot. Make sure to fill all ballast first to get the sweet spot completely submerged

Comment

Excellent - thanks for the replies. I will try all of those things this weekend. I am not against bending it either if I have to. If I do get it to stick I am going to mark that spot somehow.

Comment

Well thanks for all of the advice. We were able to find that "sweet spot" just like you guys said and wow what a difference. We had a good wave on each side before but now the wave is taller, longer and more powerful. Great purchase!!!!

I was worried about losing the swim time during the transfer of ballast but everyone still swam and flipped off the tower like we always do when switching sides. This just makes it way more convenient and no one feels bad for riding to long or the riding order on each side etc. Just awesome

Comment

That's how we felt...we added the extra lead weight and bigger ballast and we thought that was great.
                  But when we added the gate, that is when it really came to life.

Comment

Working...
                  X