The 3/8 is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3/8 is dead.

As the title suggests, my 3/8” thick skim board is dead. I’ve been letting a friend use it and he accidentally left it in the locker while filling the sacs. SNAP! I really loved that board. It was a Cadillac of skim board. It was way too light but it rode so nice. It was only 4lbs. That’s with full traction and a Hyperlite 1.1 A-wing fin. It looked like a Great White shark under your feet. We called him Whitey. Blue skies and clean wakes, Whitey. I’ll miss you.
    01F3C2EC-824A-42D4-8E43-0224ADE00D8A.jpg575146CA-E7BF-4B9A-9166-C98F607B93BC.jpg45E7CF6B-803C-4A41-8419-6DD1CAB35DFA.jpg
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Blue skies Whitey.
    On a positive note...looks like someone’s getting a new board!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
      Blue skies Whitey.
      On a positive note...looks like someone’s getting a new board, at the expense of his friend!
      Fixed it for you.

Comment

^^^ Yep I think that fixed it. Always sucks to loose a board you really like though.

Comment

Well, the thing is, he’s done a lot for me in the past. There’s no way in hell he owes me anything even though he insists he does. Plus, it was my wife who wanted just one more quick surf ride at the end of the day. We were just going to head back to the ramp. That’s why the board was in the locker. It’s totally HER fault. She owes me a new board that I’m sure I’ll be happy to pay for.

Comment

Plus the fact I only paid $40 for it.

She’s really been pushing me to make my own boards. I’m getting closer and closer to doing just that. I think the death of Whitey might be the catalyst.

Comment

Maybe they both need to give you a board.

Comment

Happy trails Whitey! Any friend of Nickypoo is a friend of mine.
                I have a friend that repairs surfboards that can resurrect it. He does a lot of the pro ocean surfers sticks.
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                X