Getting a better wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a better wave

After thinking I need to change out the AVX, I was pretty happy with today’s result. Very light crew, but moved 250 lead in the bow, surf side. Mission shaper, AXV at 3 and taps 4. 11.2
    How does the wave look? https://youtu.be/AUiKwkWUPxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Did you check what TAPS 5 did to change the wave; allowing for more push/less leaning forward? I have found that 5 is almost always a better wave than 4 regardless of other variables. We use the NauticCurl, have Surf XL filled 100% surf side, 50-60% off side front and back with AVX around 7-10. This has been our best wave on the 2015 RZR.

Comment

I’ll try tonight. What speed are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m still one to believe avx needs to run listed in order to make a good wave.

Comment

MvM- we run 10.8 up to 11.2(smaller riders)

bsreid- we continue to experiment with listing vs not. We tried to hit 6 degrees of list with and without the NauticCurl, and the wave was pretty nice most of this summer. Tried the 100% surf side 50-60% off side(about 1-2 Degrees of list) with NauticCurl for shits and grins a couple weeks back, and found the wave to be larger with a bit more push and somewhat greater length. I do have upgraded bags for the back of my boat coming from Mike's. 825# per side compared to 600# SurfXL. Anxious to see if it makes a big diff in wave size. We will then again try listing and not with NauticCurl, and pure listing without the device.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
            I’m still one to believe avx needs to run listed in order to make a good wave.
            Hoping with additional weight; we can run AVX throughout its range instead of always having to run between 7-10

Comment

Working...
            X