'15 Tige ASR wave setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'15 Tige ASR wave setup help

Love love love this boat... But trying to surf has me frustrated.

I regular, port side surf, get a great wave and can surf it all day.

Wife is goofy, starboard side surf, washes, won't curl, no push...

Help! Any ideas?

2015 ASR
    AVX plate removed and surf gates installed.

Surf gates?

Comment

Removed the original AVX plate and had dealer put individual plate. They lower opposite side your surfing on.

Comment

Hull mod or just the surf tabs?

Comment

Just added the surf plates...

Comment

Again, id ask is it Surf gate style that deploy perpendicular to hull or TAPS-3 style that deploys down below the hull? Although they aim to achieve that same thing, they do produce a wildly different wave. Someone's TAPS's ASR setup is not going to translate to your Gated setup.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Well like the taps system but the plates were added aftermarket. Just trying to get a feel for ballast settings. I just can't get a good wave right side

Comment

I may not be much help since I have zero experience with the ASR but most of the TAPS 3 boats are running much more weight on the offside than you are based on these settings from your previous post:

Left settings:
                Port aft: 100%
                Port forward: 100%
                Star aft: 40%
                Star forward: 0%
                Trim tab = 4
                Speed 11.1-11.5 depending on how high/long I want the wave.
                Lake elevation: 5000 ft.
                Yes I have elevation adjusted prop.
                I've tried flipping the settings and have spent hours trying to dial it in without success.

I think that most TAP 3 set ups are 70-90% on the offside. You should also make sure that the left plate is deploying as far as the right since you have such a difference in waves from regular to goofy.

Comment

If the asr is anything like the rzx you need to load up the bow that’s the one difference between the rzx and Z3 when running taps 3

Comment

The major difference is the actual hull shape. The ASR is angled, the RZX and the other newer ones has a very square hull.

Comment

Working...
                    X