Another board thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another board thread

6-2 215 currently riding a LF primo. It seems slow to recover from deep in the wave. Was leaning towards a Doomswell Neo. 5.0 size. Thought?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may want to rethink the 5.0. I am 6', 185 and ride the Neo 4.8. I think it might be too big for me. Their sizing chart puts the 4.8 for riders up to 250. All of my kids weigh about 100 pounds and I ride together with them all the time, ropeless. So my 4.8 handels 280 pounds ok. I'd probably be willing to sell you mine if you're interested in a good used one.

Comment

Another board thread

Regarding weight ratings: Depends completely on your wave, and your skill. If you’re a strong man, and could -possibly- gain weight in the future, the 5-0 will be just fine. You’ll never hate it, it will always carry you. It will be sweet for carving, for riding double, etc.

Having a board marginally too small is no fun.

If you have the strength to toss a board around you can ride pretty aggressively with a longer board.

4-8 would likely be fine too, but 5-0 is not out of the realm.

I would also humbly suggest the Nubstep with a pointed nose as a consideration. It will be a smoother turning board. I also believe the Nubstep has a harder down rail profile and flatter rocker, which will make it run faster by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by dakota4ce; 07-16-2018, 01:23 PM.
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Working...
      X